Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoron)
    Boo - not all the band is cast yet, but I think it is string-less I'm afraid (I know she's looking for a trombone, bass and something else. Send her an email though just to check.

NB - if you want to be involved and the band turns out to be viola-less ... are you interested in costume / backstage / technical etc??
    Hehe the short answer to that is yes. The long answer is that playing in stage bands is what I do - hence the irritation, it's not just me being stroppy! I was provisionally asked to do some stuff next term but I haven't got a clue about dates so if it's a choice between playing @ the playhouse and doing technical in TSAF then I think playing wins... but if I'm free then I still wanna try and get involved. Tis all very confusing I may just end up being a gopher nearer the time hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PolkaDotSoph)
    Yay! Erm...what marketing strategy is this? Or is it strictly confidential atm? Hope you feel better. Maybe dance will help loosen you up?!?
    Its unfortunately strictly confidential at the moment - not even the producer and his assistant have yet to be informed :p:

Not sure dancing will loosen me up, as basically it's my joints keep going out of place and my muscles following suit and they seem perfectly capable of doing that when I'm doing very little sport anyways! Oh well, I'll just use lots of deep heat and take lots of Neurofen and grin and bear it through the pain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Its unfortunately strictly confidential at the moment - not even the producer and his assistant have yet to be informed :p:

Not sure dancing will loosen me up, as basically it's my joints keep going out of place and my muscles following suit and they seem perfectly capable of doing that when I'm doing very little sport anyways! Oh well, I'll just use lots of deep heat and take lots of Neurofen and grin and bear it through the pain!
    I'm having some difficulty comprehending how that works, but okay. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Howdy folks, haven't really spoken to you guys for a couple of weeks. Good Christmas & New Year?

Chloé --> I've finally sorted my physics report, and I take back what I said about yours seeming long. There is indeed a LOT to write isn't there. Mine went to 20 pages in the end... this is not good. Admittedly it's in LaTeX and therefore has wide page margins but still... :s: I'm worried it's far too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Howdy folks, haven't really spoken to you guys for a couple of weeks. Good Christmas & New Year?

Chloé --> I've finally sorted my physics report, and I take back what I said about yours seeming long. There is indeed a LOT to write isn't there. Mine went to 20 pages in the end... this is not good. Admittedly it's in LaTeX and therefore has wide page margins but still... :s: I'm worried it's far too long.
    Happy New Year Stu! Glad to hear you've finally got your report done and I'm glad yours is longer than mine :p: I didn't bother with LaTeX (did it take a while to get to grips with?) but I probably will for our 2nd report next term. Have you arranged a time to go over your report yet with your tutor? Mine's currently ignoring my emails, which is really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Happy New Year Stu! Glad to hear you've finally got your report done and I'm glad yours is longer than mine :p: I didn't bother with LaTeX (did it take a while to get to grips with?) but I probably will for our 2nd report next term. Have you arranged a time to go over your report yet with your tutor? Mine's currently ignoring my emails, which is really annoying!
    Happy New Year

My problem is it's basically 3 experiments in 1. I'm seriously considering cutting 2 of them out and just leavingthe one, but haven't the heart given how long it's taken me.

LaTeX was surprisingly easy to use actually. The hardest thing was actually downloading all the bits that you need. I used MikTeX and TeXnic centre, for reference and they've both been pretty good. It's quite easy to use though, once you get a grasp of it. There's a little bit of fiddling involved to get it to look how you want but as far as the coding goes it reminds me of VB code, or html, so not too difficult to grasp.

Haven't even spoken to my tutor about it. I though we just handed it in in 0th week, they marked it and gave us feedback as applicable.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The college threads seem to be doing quite well - not as well as in the Cam sub forum, but they're just, like, Tabs, so what can you expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellow-yellow)
    Are there any other PPE/HPol people on TSR apart from sjuthani & Queen_A?! Cos I'm reeeally needing some French politics help and didn't remember seeing anyone else on here doing Politics. And you two unhelpful people go to rubbish colleges where you don't do french politics in the first term grrr.
    :hugs: I'm sorry - I think you should formally complain to my politics tutor, this sort of thing is just not acceptable (!)
    And I think you'll find Teddy Hall & Hilda's surpass 'New' (they don't even have a slang term for it :rolleyes: - haha) in every way - notably with the presence of Blamey

ReputationRep:
    Its true- Blamey makes up for everything you ever thought the Oxford experience lacked. This next term is going to be interesting...

Even though I've never studied it before, what do you have problems with? Only I know lots of random stuff (yay for when it won me money at the Turf Pub Quiz ). Not so much about France, but I might do.

ReputationRep:
    I am back in the ford of the Ox, I am ill, my flat is SIX DEGREES!!! (we only have storage heaters which have been turned off all vac and therefore I can't heat it ) and it's raining :'(

ReputationRep:
    I'm back too, got back on Thursday. The house didn't seem at all cold then, or yesterday, but today I'm freezing. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    I'm back in Oxford now too....its so lonely without everyone here

ReputationRep:
    How come people are back so early? I thought most people are heading back next Thursday? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well Thursday is the latest you can be back, since that's when there are collections etc. I have a few reasons for being back earlier:
    1 - transport. My parents work so it's the weekend or nothing. And I can't come until late on a Sunday because of church
    2 - rowing. I've got training from Tuesday onwards
    3 - work. I don't work well at home, although now I'm ill so I doubt I'll be doing much work anywhere! Being here also means I have libraries and my tute partner - both helpful!
    4 - just social generally. 'Tis nice to be back among the jesubites!

ReputationRep:
    I'm back tomorrow! Can't wait, although packing (again) really was not fun- even less then before. Can't believe I spend an hour-and-half looking for my cutlery!

Is it weird that I've got that same nervous feeling that I had just before I came up last term, even though that was freshers and I didn't know anyone?

ReputationRep:
    y'all welcome to come visit me at lincoln- i've been back since wednesday. Rowing training has absolutely totalled me. We had a 2k test this morning, so as some light training this afternoon we all went on a 5 mile run. In the cold. In the rain. I got a bit behind, and then very lost, and it took me ages to get back to college. It should never be the case that an entire malt loaf is considered a good snack (700 calories, 16g of protein, and only 2g of fat!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    y'all welcome to come visit me at lincoln- i've been back since wednesday. Rowing training has absolutely totalled me. We had a 2k test this morning, so as some light training this afternoon we all went on a 5 mile run. In the cold. In the rain. I got a bit behind, and then very lost, and it took me ages to get back to college. It should never be the case that an entire malt loaf is considered a good snack (700 calories, 16g of protein, and only 2g of fat!)
    That'll teach you for taking up rowing!

ReputationRep:
    Piece of sage advice for you: never try to keep up with an Icelandic gentleman at the pub - the friday night pub crawl is a national tradition to them :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    God, rowing at other colleges sounds so savage, we've never even been on an erg,and didnt get any holiday fitness programs(have put on about a stone this holiay, its great!).. Tried erging a couple of times and generally cant go further than 2K, and even thats pretty slow. Ah well, I'm sure it'll pick up sometime, I need to put this erg that I bought whilst drunk to use, wouldnt want all that overdraft to go to waste..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_A)
    And I think you'll find Teddy Hall & Hilda's surpass 'New' (they don't even have a slang term for it :rolleyes: - haha) in every way - notably with the presence of Blamey
    It so doesn't. New has Dieter Helm, who's like the environmental econ God. His book is both the general text for the topic and actually really interesting. It also has cute female co-students...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.