Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popa Dom)
    (P.s. how can you physically do 20 mins on the erg? The most I've ever managed in one go is 12, and I was well chuffed/knackered with that!)
    Whatever your normal rate is, minus 4 and then hold yourself at that and up your split by about 20 seconds. (E.g. I row 2k @ 2:10 rating at 28 so for endurance I do 2:30 rating at 24) It's blooming hard until you get used to it because it just feels wrong! Around 15 minutes you start to realise why you're going that slowly... and then you do that for like 40 mins. Ouchies.

(Original post by F1 Fanatic)
    And yes, I think we all do that. I know physics has damaged me to the core when I look at a door handle and consider the forces acting on it or something equally sad.
    In Trinity a giant beetle attacked me in the shower and I got excited about it's elytra

ReputationRep:
    I never think about my subject more than I have to. </HUGE lie>

How long will grapes keep for if I keep them in the fridge?

(Original post by sjuthani)
    I never think about my subject more than I have to. </HUGE lie>

How long will grapes keep for if I keep them in the fridge?
    If they're brown, gulp 'em down.
    If they're black, send 'em back.

ReputationRep:
    Popa Dom - if you think 12mins on an erg is hard, try doing a 60min erg (my advice, is watch a Simpsons dvd on a laptop while you do it!!!).

Boo - I didn't row last year in Summer Eights because of my finals, so can't remember the weather. I regret it somewhat now as I got asked to row for the W3 Beer Boat and I turned them down...needless to say, they won blades!

Stu - Thanks for the tip...I'll have a look. I thought it might be that, but I couldn't really see how to progress. I'll email my tutor if I get stuck as knowing my luck it will turn up on my collection!

Will - Sorry!!! I couldn't find the old Physics thread we use to have, despite searching for it and I didn't feel like starting a new one!

Apples...yes very yummy, I have a bit of a fetish for them...they have to be Royal Gala though, they're the best!
    Grapes - my favourite are the flame coloured ones, but any will do really

Wish my fridge in Oxford was bigger, but 7people sharing a fridge means I get a shelf between 2 of us and I can't buy all the fruit and lovely things I'd like as there's just no room to keep them and food for dinner!

ReputationRep:
    Nah Braeburn apples aaaaaaaaaaaall the way
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have learned my lessons from packing last term - I haven't got shelf space for stuff I won't need every week, so anything I need during term time I can either go home to fetch/get my parents to bring/post.

And in the space of non-necessities - food. Smoothies, chocolate, alcohol, etc are all just too expensive in Oxford. Aldi ftw!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Urgh, Boo, I know how you felt this time last year - the doctor's given me antibiotics to try and make me feel better (visibly swollen glands, aches, shivers, ear ache... the list goes on). I'm trying to revise but I feel miserable :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    The girls training camp at lincoln is pissing me off ever so slightly- 20min erg and a step class seems to some up their general activities.

How much did you pay for your erg, dom? What sort is it.

Yes, i am continuing rowing this term. Although i'm beginning to think i shouldn't.
    Oi! We did two 20 min ergs I'll have you know and we've been running ...

ReputationRep:
    Biochemists - I've just found the amino acid game! If you want to revise your amino acids while playing on the computer, try:

http://www.wiley.com/legacy/college/...acideroids.htm

ReputationRep:
    OMG that's awesome! I don't have to learn them anymore but I might anyway hehe!

ReputationRep:
    *coughs* S-A-D *coughs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    *coughs* S-A-D *coughs*
    *nods*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    *coughs* S-A-D *coughs*
    *cough*
    (Original post by you)
    Stu, I don't suppose you've done Q1 on the B3 Astro 2005 paper at all have you? I'm stuck on various bits of it, and I just know that if I don't find out how to do it, it'll come up on the collection!!! :confused: :frown: (Also, what collections are you having? Just wondering incase our tutor sets us the "departmental ones" that usually get sent round, rather than making his own up like he sometimes does)
    Hypocrite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    *cough*

Hypocrite

Thank you!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    *cough*

Hypocrite
    Umm...excuse me....I don't find a science game fun!!! I don't see how you can compare asking a question about work to saying an educational game is fun! hmpf :mad:

ReputationRep:
    pah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoron)
    Biochemists - I've just found the amino acid game! If you want to revise your amino acids while playing on the computer, try:

http://www.wiley.com/legacy/college/...acideroids.htm
    oh you star!!!

now i don't feel guilty for being on my laptop!

ReputationRep:
    On a slightly academic note...do we have to wear gowns etc for collections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PolkaDotSoph)
    On a slightly academic note...do we have to wear gowns etc for collections?
    Depends on the college I suppose, but I don't know of any colleges that require gowns. I imagine you will have a meeting with tutor or an email before your collections anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess. Its just my bf is coming up with just enough stuff to last him til weekend (when his parents are coming with everything else) and he didnt want to have to bring a suit, gown etc on the bus if it was unnecessary. Thanks x

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.