Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ah *****es - I had the same last Christmas. Tonsilitus, pharyngitus, sinusitus and 4 separate doctors who told me I probably had glandular fever, none of whom would give me a blood test. :rolleyes: But I've been on amoxycillin without the rash so meh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Ah *****es - I had the same last Christmas. Tonsilitus, pharyngitus, sinusitus and 4 separate doctors who told me I probably had glandular fever, none of whom would give me a blood test. :rolleyes: But I've been on amoxycillin without the rash so meh.
    That sounds so much like what I have - and I'm on amoxycillin without the rash. But the nice sounds-like-James-Nesbitt doctor, took some blood (twice, I didn't bleed properly the first time :rolleyes: ) and that's being sent off. I'm on erythromycin as well now.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe yep they put me on that as well :p:

I am now in major £$£*£^)%&(^&*£$%^&)&%£ because I've kinda realised I didn't write up my biochemistry before I left Oxford.... and now I've forgotten how to... and the practical kinda ASSUMES I know. (I mean nobody could work it out and he had to explain it to us all and the stupid thing was I GOT it and was showing other people how to do it but I didn't write mine up and now I've forgotten ) Where's oxymoron when you need him!??!

ReputationRep:
    lol i would offer to try and give some advice...but i feel i'd probably be no use at all.

ahhhhh stupid collections! roll on Friday night

ReputationRep:
    Hehe you never know... do you know anything about GUS activity? And how I would take my data on fluorescence, and a single piece of data about protein and make them into something useful? See this is what I don't get. I have like 4.15ug of protein or something - 4 pieces of data on how my solution is fluorescing... why is the protein fluorescing more as it goes?!

ReputationRep:
    rowing training, over. Thank God. Can actually get on and revise without feeling like all my limbs are gonna drop off.

Kate- our schedule was like 90min erg in the morning, 30min run followed by 100 squat jumps before second lunch, and a weights session before second dinner.

ReputationRep:
    You're not back yet?! Wow... one of my flatmates hasn't come back yet either and it's bizarre.... that said i don't think it's quite as odd as one of the guys who's been here for nearly 2 weeks - I mean who hates their family that much?!
    I never come back before Thursday of 0th week (except in MT's when I try and come back on Mon/Tues). I like my home, and although I miss my friends/bf, I miss my horse (and dogs!) an incredible amount when I'm in Oxford and I like to stay at home as long as possible just so I can ride him a couple more times before I head back. 8.5weeks without seeing or riding him is long enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    rowing training, over. Thank God. Can actually get on and revise without feeling like all my limbs are gonna drop off.

Kate- our schedule was like 90min erg in the morning, 30min run followed by 100 squat jumps before second lunch, and a weights session before second dinner.
    second lunch? second dinner?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe you never know... do you know anything about GUS activity? And how I would take my data on fluorescence, and a single piece of data about protein and make them into something useful? See this is what I don't get. I have like 4.15ug of protein or something - 4 pieces of data on how my solution is fluorescing... why is the protein fluorescing more as it goes?!
    What was your assay? ie what were you adding to make it flouresce. Presumably you used a substrate that fluoresces upon hydrolysis by GUS? So are you trying to measure the rate of hydrolysis by looking at the rate of fluorescence change and then you can calculate the specific activity of the GUS in your sample to show how good your purification is?

Basically I'm guessing - if you give some more details I may be able to help.

(PS maybe we should do this on msn / PM to avoid upseting the procrastinators :p: !)

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Zeldin gave us advice on nutrition for the week- our diets were slightly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Meh if Hoofbeat and F1_Fanatic can have physics talk then why can't we do biochem? hehe i pm'd you anyway tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Zeldin gave us advice on nutrition for the week- our diets were slightly ridiculous.
    And you listened to him? :rolleyes: No offence, but Oli talks out of his arse an awful lot! Last year, after rowing for only a term he thought he knew everything - there are certainly other male rowers in college I'd listen to more!

ReputationRep:
    meh, you're probably right. He's quit rowing, the *******, now anyway. Says he wants to be a dancing queen...

ReputationRep:
    meh, you're probably right. He's quit rowing, the *******, now anyway. Says he wants to be a dancing queen...
    :eek: HE'S QUIT ROWING?! I thought he'd sold his life to it!!!! No wonder he dissolved his 'relationship' with "rowing" on facebook :rolleyes: :p:

I know he got into the beginners dancesport team (lucky *******, I trialled but didn't get in ) and that's quite a big commitment and an amazing opportunity, but I thought he was going to row forever....last year he was boasting about he was going to trial this year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, from the sounds of things, he wants to put more time into his degree, and to do that, he can only realistically do one sport to a high level, and just enjoys dancing more. He said after one of the training sessions that it was the first time he didn't enjoy erging- Doug reckoned that must be it, he finally discovered that rowing training isn't actually fun a lot of the time.

I feel a bit let down about it tbh. I mean, it's his choice, of course, and i'm not holding it against him, but it was his enthusiasm and inspiration that drove me through training a lot of the time. He's completely insane and warped, but i'm gonna miss him all the same.

ReputationRep:
    I never cease to be amazed by how incredible my friends are, no matter where I am. I'm a lucky ******* to be able to find such amazing people everywhere. This time, its my future housemates.

For the minor effort of finding letting agents on the net and picking up their student letting lists, they've made me a big poster with lovely (and completely undeserved) compliments all over it. We went to all the viewings together yesterday, so I don't really feel like I deserve it, but wow that's a nice feeling. And just after some not so nice news, it made me smile.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, my Roman Law tutor has just set an essay in for tuesday, and i'm going to be revising for my criminal law collection most of tomorrow...

<Martins 'free weekend' makes a nice whooshing sound as it goes past>
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    And the top three posters for the procrastinating thread? Sam, Boo and Stu. Shocking, children...

ReputationRep:
    Be fair, Boo has twice as many as me! and Chloé has only 2 less!

Edit: 3 now

ReputationRep:
    Who? What? Where did these come from figures and statistics come from?

Its a conspiracy, I tells ya...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.