Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Well... is that a before or after question?

But yes, enough innuendos, back to development
    I'm officially too tired. I actually can't see how that's dirty or even what that could mean in a totally clean sense. Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Or rather, flirting, children...

I thought the last set of collections would be my last. I was wrong. Oh well, last one tomorrow
    I refute the presence of my name in the quote which leads you to say "flirting children". When do I flirt?! :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    When do I flirt? I mainly just tell Sam to shut up :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    When do I flirt? I mainly just tell Sam to shut up :eek:
    you've had your moments :p:

ReputationRep:
    You guys aren't seriously telling me I'm not the only one...

If you don't mind me asking - did you guys know each other from TSR or from Oxford first then TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeritas)
    If you don't mind me asking - did you guys know each other from TSR or from Oxford first then TSR?
    I'm betting that half of them have never met each other in real life. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe if you specifically mean me and Sam then no I'm afraid TSR first although sjuthani isn't a name that I'd have been able to attach anything to had you asked me before the TSR meetup - unlike say Hoofbeat who I could give you a fairly comprehensive life history for - so in a sense Sam and I are real life friends as uh we weren't friends online first. Make sense?

Actually a lot of us HAVE met each other because of TSR meetups or just working out who each other is - turned out I already knew Feef in real life and worked out who oxymoron was pretty quickly. Plus Teddy Hall seems to be a goldmine for TSR freshers hehe!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Knogle)
    I'm betting that half of them have never met each other in real life. :p:
    Personally I knew most people on TSR first, and then saw them around Oxford (without necessarily knowing who they were!). georgecrabbe I met queueing to see Dawkins at the Union; I met a lot of people at the TST meet up last term; Drogue I've laso seen in Sainsburys, shinyhappy, chocolatecheese and Psychology Jen I have lectures with, Wadhamite TSR members I obviously know (although it took all term to work out who a few of them were!)... There are people I haven't met yet, but I'm sure I will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeritas)
    The vast majority I knew through tsr, particularly those I know well. Like Boo says, in some instances at TSR meet-ups etc you technically may have met them online first, but you don't remember them or didn't speak to them, so in effect you've just met. I can only really think of 1 exception of having a friend I knew before I knew them on TSR, and that was because I persuaded them to join.

Edit: I think the interesting thing about TSR friendships is that it demonstrates just how random friendships are. I've made some good friends with people I've met on TSR, but without TSR we would probably have never ever met, or spoken to each other.

ReputationRep:
    Collections suck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    Collections suck
    Don't worry, they fully expect you to do badly the first time you do it, so you can really only meet or surpass expectations. It's so new to you and so different to anything you've done before I doubt you really had any clue how to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Don't worry, they fully expect you to do badly the first time you do it, so you can really only meet or surpass expectations. It's so new to you and so different to anything you've done before I doubt you really had any clue how to prepare.
    yeah you're right- i had no idea what to expect. if i had learnt all my tute essays off my heart then that would have been a BIG help...but the only essay that i didn't really focus much on was the one that came up

ahh well...all over and done with now (expect for a maths one on Tuesday)

back on the other topic.....i met my roomie on here before we got to Jesus (PolkaDotSoph) such a coincidence, seeing as we were the only 2 girls who got in at Jesus on TSR! met some of my biochem friends on here too...alipsam and Prometheus. Spoke to Boo on here first before i got to Jesus (obviously)...i also keep seing people around Oxford who i know from here...but still actually haven't spoken to in person! i think i saw 2+2=5 AGAIN t'other day! (probably a good thing we didn't speak...i think i'd had something to drink that night ) i have some lectures with Athena (so will be bumping into you quite a lot this term, me thinks! oooo and thanks for the invite to the launch party! Jimmy seems a bit miffed about that! :p:)

oh, is anyone sorting out a TSR meet-up for this term? i really want to try and make it this time!

ReputationRep:
    All this is reminding me- TSR meet-up! Gotta do it more than once this term. I'll start a new thread for it actually, or it'll be a nightmare to see what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    oh, is anyone sorting out a TSR meet-up for this term? i really want to try and make it this time!
    Great minds.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    good thinking, batman! (god i have to stop using that expression!)

ReputationRep:
    great minds indeed

ReputationRep:
    yeah you're right- i had no idea what to expect. if i had learnt all my tute essays off my heart then that would have been a BIG help...but the only essay that i didn't really focus much on was the one that came up

ahh well...all over and done with now (expect for a maths one on Tuesday)
    Yes, I was exactly the same. The format is so different that you really don't know what it's going to be like. It's much less predictable and they have the ability to ask you an entire question on a part of the course you spent 5 minutes on in lectures.

There isn't one planned at the moment, but it's easily sorted. I don't believe in all this lets find a date business :p: so pick a date and people can come if they can't and make it next time if they can't... so... pick a date you can make and tell people :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There isn't one planned at the moment, but it's easily sorted. I don't believe in all this lets find a date business :p: so pick a date and people can come if they can't and make it next time if they can't... so... pick a date you can make and tell people :cool:
    It makes more sense to do it that way for subsequent meetups I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I was exactly the same. The format is so different that you really don't know what it's going to be like. It's much less predictable and they have the ability to ask you an entire question on a part of the course you spent 5 minutes on in lectures.

wow that makes me feel all powerful and in charge :p: ...maybe not a good idea! hehe!

well i think Sam is on the case now anyway...we shall leave it in his hands!

that is so true about covering something for 5 mins in lectures...then having a collection on it! oh well, at least you've put me at ease a bit, that im not the only one who found it such a shock!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.