Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    best of luck to you. Don't follow our example- now that you've got an offer, work hard to make sure you meet it!

ReputationRep:
    Had the one of the most rollercoaster days I've ever had in my life... good and bad in such extremes, its unreal.

One thing I know is that I failed my logic collections "dismally" (my tutor's phrase). Which is a bit of a shame, because I actually put a fair bit of work into that. Ho-hum.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Logic's one I thought you'd do well at! Have a chat to Richard, he's utterly amazing at Logic. I just sit here and wish I could take it. But being an E&Mist makes up for it

I've had a very silly day. I decided I was going to have a day off and finally get to play a full game of CivIV. It took me ~11 hours, and being the lazy ass I am I didn't think to go and get any food from my kitchen. Oh well, I'll go and cook breakfast in a second...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Wow. Logic's one I thought you'd do well at! Have a chat to Richard, he's utterly amazing at Logic. I just sit here and wish I could take it. But being an E&Mist makes up for it
    Yeah, so did I. Can't really explain it TBH, which makes it that bit more depressing. And if you've ever seen it, you'll see how you can't really discuss it in the same way as economics or something (which also didn't go brilliantly, although I hope I at least passed the damn thing!)

Seriously Will, we've had this conversation- you really need to eat more! Food is goooood....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    best of luck to you. Don't follow our example- now that you've got an offer, work hard to make sure you meet it!
    To be fair I don't know about you but I wasn't that lazy for actual exams that mattered. It's only since we got here, place assured that we've become lazy :p:.

ReputationRep:
    So, i still don't have any work to do. Everyone hates me for it, but i'm seriously wishing i could have something i could be getting on with. None of the (self studyable) lecture notes are up on the intranet yet, and my lecture was cancelled this morning. :glum:

Still, at least my new tutor has appeared now, and i think he's giving one of my lectures tomorrow. Seemed pretty healthy today, which is always positive. I'm starting logic tomorrow as well, pretty interested to see what it actually is as a subject- all the PPE students seem to get worked up about it.

ReputationRep:
    i meant our current example- where we even have a thread on tsr to aknowledge how much we're procrastinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Seriously Will, we've had this conversation- you really need to eat more! Food is goooood....
    It is. I generally eat quite a lot, especially when I'm home (mum's cooking :love: ) but it's more the effort of going and getting it. And having a shower first, as I seem to not be able to step out of my room without doing so. I am being healthy though, been eating scarily well

ReputationRep:
    i meant our current example- where we even have a thread on tsr to aknowledge how much we're procrastinating.
    meh... they may as well see we're not all geeky compulsive workers that spend every minute of the day studying :p:

ReputationRep:
    So, i still don't have any work to do. Everyone hates me for it, but i'm seriously wishing i could have something i could be getting on with. None of the (self studyable) lecture notes are up on the intranet yet, and my lecture was cancelled this morning. :glum:
    I know exactly what you mean. I haven't organised any tutes yet so Idon't have any tute work. And I can't organise my tutes til Kate has her cells classes sorted because all our other options are together, and otherwise we're gonna end up with multiple tute weeks. Although right now that seems pretty likely anyway unless I organise one today for Friday.

Also, in other news, more weird dreams and now I'm getting that whole thing where I'm starving hungry til I eat, then I feel sick. Which reminds me I need to take between-lecture-snacks. Every term I say "I will eat less ****". But then I go to my lectures and realise that 2 hours of concentrating that hard actually makes me REALLY hungry! Anyway, shower time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Also, in other news, more weird dreams and now I'm getting that whole thing where I'm starving hungry til I eat, then I feel sick. Which reminds me I need to take between-lecture-snacks. Every term I say "I will eat less ****". But then I go to my lectures and realise that 2 hours of concentrating that hard actually makes me REALLY hungry! Anyway, shower time
    Can sympathise there! 3 solid of hours of lectures is enough to make anyone start to lose concentration and I really need to remember to take along a cereal bar and a drink on Thurs & Fri's when we have 3hours of lectures. I've started being good though now - I've bought myself a box of cereal and every morning so far I've convinced myself to sit down and eat some in the hope that it fills me up until lunch and also allows me to concentrate!

Any news on W1 Boo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Had the one of the most rollercoaster days I've ever had in my life... good and bad in such extremes, its unreal.

One thing I know is that I failed my logic collections "dismally" (my tutor's phrase). Which is a bit of a shame, because I actually put a fair bit of work into that. Ho-hum.
    Oh, that sucks for you. And if you failed it, then I definitely did - I did the first question, and couldn't even close it! It was awful...I'm seriously thinking that I made the wrong decision keeping on Logic. After I get my results I'll probably switch to having more Moral Classes and dropping Logic - my tutors will probably hate me, but I don't care :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_A)
    Oh, that sucks for you. And if you failed it, then I definitely did - I did the first question, and couldn't even close it! It was awful...I'm seriously thinking that I made the wrong decision keeping on Logic. After I get my results I'll probably switch to having more Moral Classes and dropping Logic - my tutors will probably hate me, but I don't care :p: .
    you have a choice?! :eek: logic has been compulsory for us, and we don't do Mill until next term.

I dread to think what I got in my logic collection. That exam was so bad it was funny.

ReputationRep:
    Our logic was compulsary, as general philosophy is supposed to be as well. Technically, we don't have the option of choosing the Mill paper, but my tute partner and I have somehow managed a way of switching this term! We'll only be able to do about 3-4 essays, so maybe not even half the course, but hopefully enough to answer a question in Prelims, should the need arise! Why I've signed on for this optional extra work, I don't know...

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a funny situation, technically I have no tutorial work this afternoon as my tutor hasn't pidged it to me. I decided though that this would be a good opportunity to do things that I haven't been able to do lately (like internship applications for example) and so I find myself procrastinating over the work that I don't have to do and barely exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Can sympathise there! 3 solid of hours of lectures is enough to make anyone start to lose concentration and I really need to remember to take along a cereal bar and a drink on Thurs & Fri's when we have 3hours of lectures. I've started being good though now - I've bought myself a box of cereal and every morning so far I've convinced myself to sit down and eat some in the hope that it fills me up until lunch and also allows me to concentrate!

Any news on W1 Boo?
    Nothing yet Spoke to Em (vice-captain) last night and she hadn't even seen the scores yet, so I'm guessing not everybody's finished yet... or else Kate has once again entered the state of ill-and-disorganised Is it bad that I find myself hoping Sarah's hand makes her unable to row? I mean surely impaling it on a spike has got to impede your ability to hold an oar, right? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

Nothing yet Spoke to Em (vice-captain) last night and she hadn't even seen the scores yet, so I'm guessing not everybody's finished yet... or else Kate has once again entered the state of ill-and-disorganised Is it bad that I find myself hoping Sarah's hand makes her unable to row? I mean surely impaling it on a spike has got to impede your ability to hold an oar, right? :p:
    Meh. I'm not going to make it into M1 - could get good enough erg times but due to last terms distinct lack of river times last term (think we maybe got 6outings) they are picking a tried and tested team for torpids. Oh well, theres always summer

ReputationRep:
    Damn philosophy essay. No matter how early I start it, no matter how organised I try to be, it always ends up in essay-crisis mode!

Which is why I'm here, naturally!

ReputationRep:
    Meh - I'm making notes on the rhizophere. It's more exciting than you could possibly imagine... On the plus side, my EB lecturer was on Home Planet today

ReputationRep:
    That's very cool (your lecturer, not your notes. They might also be cool, I wouldn't know. Maybe you should educate me)

I find myself cursing Descartes for being such a smart-arse for the 800th time since starting uni.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.