Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    For the record hun I've deleted my original response because you're small and insignificant and don't realise what you're saying

But I have trained for this. I have worked for this. I have killed myself on a rowing machine and girls who got times that wouldn't get them into a good college 2nd eight have been put in our firsts over me, when I pulled a perfectly good 1st eight time. It's completley unfair and I am ANGRY.
    Haha...pwnd!

See you at the meetup :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    For the record hun I've deleted my original response because you're small and insignificant and don't realise what you're saying

But I have trained for this. I have worked for this. I have killed myself on a rowing machine and girls who got times that wouldn't get them into a good college 2nd eight have been put in our firsts over me, when I pulled a perfectly good 1st eight time. It's completley unfair and I am ANGRY.
    That sucks, have you asked for a reason why? Presumably she must have some reason or other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter_The_Great)
    GIVE ME YOUR LUNCH MONEY OR I'LL BEAT YOU UP.
    I don't have any... it goes on battels :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm I've just received a pretty long and pacifying email pointing out that we're gonna be landtraining for almost the entire term so the squad needs a strong captain and someone who's game for hard training - and I'm a big one for training even if I'm doing it on my own... so yeh... "If this were a normal term I'd have put you straight in the firsts no questions..... blah blah". You get the idea. I'm still pissed off but I guess she has a point and there's nothing I can do about it now. Can't say I'm happy though.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm I've just received a pretty long and pacifying email pointing out that we're gonna be landtraining for almost the entire term so the squad needs a strong captain and someone who's game for hard training - and I'm a big one for training even if I'm doing it on my own... so yeh... "If this were a normal term I'd have put you straight in the firsts no questions..... blah blah". You get the idea. I'm still pissed off but I guess she has a point and there's nothing I can do about it now. Can't say I'm happy though.
    It seems a reasonable point. The 1st and 2nd teams are not set in stone are they, you could easily be moved into the 1sts come Eights when they want their top rowers. Until then you're doing a job for the team. Perhaps that is the best way to look at it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it is... should have known that Kate wouldn't actually be a total caustic just yeh I was really looking forward to it. But meh she's said I can train with them as still as the 2nds so it's not like I lose out on anything but torpids racing...

Btw shameless plug - 24 hour on Oxide today - my friend Dave has been on air since midnight (I've been listening for a large portion of that hehe!) and it's great - plus right now Jack Harris (AWESOME singer song writer) is a guest on the show and playing lots from his new album and some stuff by Anais Mitchell (another awesome singer-songwriter) too! Tune in on the website: www.oxfordstudentradio.com/listen

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it is... should have known that Kate wouldn't actually be a total caustic just yeh I was really looking forward to it. But meh she's said I can train with them as still as the 2nds so it's not like I lose out on anything but torpids racing...
    (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) ) I really can feel for you Boo. It sucks. I was in the same position (although at least you were given a reason for not making W1...I wasn't ). It makes no sense I know, but don't do what I did and lose interest/motivation! Eights is a lot more fun (and popular!) and realistically Torpids isn't going to happen (I don't think the river will be blue/green flag by 6th week!)

On a completely different note....HELP! Am desperately trying to complete my Unilever application form and failing! There's one competency question left, but I just have NO idea what example to use to answer it! I know that most of you don't really know me, but if anyone can think of what "type" of situation I could use to answer it, that would really help! Here's the question:

"Tell us about a time when you have had to analyse and understand a complex situation in order to make decisions and put a plan into action. What did you do and what was the outcome? (300 word limit imposed)"

Thanks (btw, Will, once this is done I'll be calling on you for help!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Ever worked with kids? :p:

Haha I was just thinking about that and guess what I thought of?
    Ok so I was trying to decide who to put in my first VIII....

ReputationRep:
    Ever worked with kids? :p:
    Thankfully no! Only ever worked with animals (veterinary hospitals/stables etc)....but I can't think of any good examples

ReputationRep:
    I was going to apply to the unilever internship til i realised how hard the form was, so you have my sympathies!! I think I was going to use examples from my part time job and also some from leading a youth group, teaching delightful young children to dance, mentoring etc. and just pick a difficult situation and embelish it a little.

ReputationRep:
    you were out pony trekking in the middle of no where and one of the horses fell over.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmm, trampolining is becoming (to quote my friend) an "xtreme" sport - we just packed Rob (rob_the_sax_dude) off to the JR with a possible broken ankle

ReputationRep:
    finally saw Sarah today (girl who spiked her hand on Head of the River gate) after 5 days in l'hospital - turns out it went the whole way through *gulp*

ReputationRep:
    finally saw Sarah today (girl who spiked her hand on Head of the River gate) after 5 days in l'hospital - turns out it went the whole way through *gulp*
    how on Earth did she do that?! :s: what provided that sort of pressure?

ReputationRep:
    Look further back in the thread
    Last Sunday she tried to climb over the head of the river gate because it was locked due to the flood and it didnt occur to her to walk back up to the Rose Lane entrance... she put her hand on the spike as she fell of the gate. You're the physisist.... F=ma yeh? So say 60kg x whatever acceleration towards earth is....

ReputationRep:
    Look further back in the thread
    Last Sunday she tried to climb over the head of the river gate because it was locked due to the flood and it didnt occur to her to walk back up to the Rose Lane entrance... she put her hand on the spike as she fell of the gate. You're the physisist.... F=ma yeh? So say 60kg x whatever acceleration towards earth is....
    nasty :s: In a way she should count herself lucky, I've known people to be impaled through the stomach on those things (or rather the big barbed ones around schools and so on). acceleration towards earth is 9.81ms^-2 on the average. Btw, I didn't saw what is the force, I said what provided it. I thought maybe someone had pushed her onto it

ReputationRep:
    is she gonna be alright? Do they know how much use she'll have left of it?

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not they think she's gonna be fine - she missed all major nerves... just! So yeh now she's stopped reacting to every antibiotic under the sun (hence hte 5 days) she's gonna be fine

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not they think she's gonna be fine - she missed all major nerves... just! So yeh now she's stopped reacting to every antibiotic under the sun (hence hte 5 days) she's gonna be fine
    Wow that's lucky. I hope she recovers quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Anti-biotics are fun. Drinking with them isn't

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.