Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Yeah, but did you watch three sets of Murray-Nadal today? No? Yeah.
    I'd rather have done work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_A)
    Odd thing is, I seem only to have gotten Econ results, nothing from Philosophy....are they supposed to take this long? I know Blamey said we'd do Logic next week, but I've heard nothing about Moral Philosophy. I'm thinking we'll get them back sometime next term when we no longer care
    Depends what your tutor is like - I haven't seen hide or hair of either of my collections yet.

ReputationRep:
    Also, while I haven't reached Will's stage yet I am currently wearing hat scarf and gloves and my heating is on (although admittedly doing NOTHING). I think my windows just let heat out or something

(Original post by bikerx23)
    I'd rather have done work...
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I left whenever he looked like losing. That's why it was 3 sets...

ReputationRep:
    Also random tangent... Will.... for getting out blood my recommendation goes highly to Biotex - as long as you wash your sheets normally afterwards then it's fine and works like a charm!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I left whenever he looked like losing. That's why it was 3 sets...
    it's more about me finding tennis one of the most laborious and depressing sports televised...even with the way our rugby and cricket teams are playing, hence would rather do work than subject myself to such torture.

Anyway - 6 nations soon!

ReputationRep:
    Tennis is good.

ReputationRep:
    Grrrrrrrrr. My bike lock has been playing up all day and just when I tried to unlock it so I could cycle home, the ****ing lock jammed and my key broke in the lock! Eventually managed to get the broken key out of the lock, but obviously could not even attempt to unlock it now! So had to walk back to Mus Rd from college!!!!! Okies, it's only like an 8min walk but when you're back's playing up its more like 15min walk and every step's agony! I tried to get on Simon's bike but its way too big for me and when I pushed the pedals round my leg would end up completely straight way before the pedals got to the bottom, so that didn't work and thus walking was the only option!!! Grrrr....back really hurts now

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me at the end of last term - it aint a specialized one is it? I ground some off the connection so it was easier to unlock.etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but did you watch three sets of Murray-Nadal today? No? Yeah.
    Nope, I played ~7 hours straight of Civ4 to try and dull my mind while recovering for silly fall earlier. It's not like I've actually done a piece of work yet this term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_A)
    Odd thing is, I seem only to have gotten Econ results, nothing from Philosophy....are they supposed to take this long? I know Blamey said we'd do Logic next week, but I've heard nothing about Moral Philosophy. I'm thinking we'll get them back sometime next term when we no longer care
    I usually get mine back about 4th or 5th week. Never really bothers me that much

ReputationRep:
    Odd, I've had all of mine back. TBH, I was quite happy not knowing about it!

Urgh, damn essay crisis. I think its something about typing that makes my mind go a bit blank- back in school, I used to hand-write all of my essays purely because I got them done, and they tended to be better. I've tried to keep to typing here, just because it seems expected, but how much will tutors care if after this one I just stop and hand-write everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    That happened to me at the end of last term - it aint a specialized one is it? I ground some off the connection so it was easier to unlock.etc.
    It's a massive D lock. I'm going to walk into town after lunch and try one of my spare keys to see if they work, or if it is the lock that's ****ed. The problem is, if that doesn't work I need to find someone with something heavy duty to cut through the metal....I don't know if the Bike Zone can do it, but they might think I'm a bit random if I carry my bike in and go "hey, could you cut through this lock for me...I'm not stealing the bike honest!"

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm I know what you mean - a couple of years back my boyfriend's bike got nicked and, long story short, we followed the chav who then locked it up with phil's own combinationg lock, somehow managing to change the code in the process (he used to keep it around his frame unlocked). My Mum came down with the hacksaw....

ReputationRep:
    Your college maintenance staff may be prepared to break the lock for you: mine drove me down from St. Anne's in the college van to angle-grind off my heavy-duty D lock.

ReputationRep:
    i think if show them the broken key, they might believe you.

ReputationRep:
    Doubling the suggested word count for an essay is a BAD thing right??? I haven't even said everything I want to But I have circuits at 7 so I can't afford to spend any more time on it really Why do I do this to myself?!!?!?

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/6296637.stm

Last paragraph says: ""To further limit any element of doubt, staff at the Acomb store are required to ask anyone buying alcohol to confirm that they are over 21."

Guys, am I going mad or am I reading this correctly....that sentance implies that if you don't have any ID to prove you're over 21 then you won't be allowed to be purchase alcohol?! Surely if you're over 18 and have ID to prove that, then it shouldn't matter that you're not over 21? I thought the whole point of the "Think 21" scheme was that if the cashiers thought you looked under 21 then they should ID you to check that you're over 18, not to see whether your'e over 21 or not? Maybe I'm being silly and pinickty (sp?) but I just read that article and ended up being confused (it's been a long day!!!)

ReputationRep:
    That's definately the implication of the article. Very strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    That's definately the implication of the article. Very strange.
    It may be a typo... it's entirely possible.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.