Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Stu - we have lectures 3days a week!!! We have one today and then 3hours on both thurs and friday.

(Original post by dancingqueen)
    I also hate perturbation theory. But cheer up, at least you've got our lovely pirate dance to amuse you now!
    Hehe, and that it must certainly did! Luckily one of my tutors has emailed it and agreed to give us a "pre-tutorial" today to give us some hints on the problem sheet we're struggling on so much!

However, that doesn't help the fact that I still can only do about 1% of my Relativity Problem sheet and I also need to start writing the programme for H2$ (as well as flyering/postering) And Shirtworks had better deliver those sodding hoodies today or they're going to get a very angry phonecall!!!! :mad: Today's going to be stressful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    And Shirtworks had better deliver those sodding hoodies today or they're going to get a very angry phonecall!!!! :mad: Today's going to be stressful.
    We used them to get hoodies done for the Oxford Student Chorus and I remember there being delays too. So you have my sympathy!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, just realised Stu's right - we don't have a lecture today for some reason! Thank god...an extra hour...means I can get so much more done!!!!!
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    We used them to get hoodies done for the Oxford Student Chorus and I remember there being delays too. So you have my sympathy!
    Don't get me started on Shirtworks. We're currently awaiting some boat club hoodies...they printed both the hoodies and the polo-shirts wrong the first time...they spelt Summer: "SUNMER" and also changed various things about the designs. These were ordered over Xmas....still haven't got them

Then I strike a deal with Shirtworks for discounted printing if they put their logo on our hoodies for the TSAF musical. They rush them through and get them done in a week...but they spell February: "FEBURARY" and also forget to put their logo on them! So last Friday in between my two tutes there was a frantic phonecall to their managing director who organised reprints and told me she'd try and get them to us by Tues pm....didn't arrive yesterday and I have a message on my phone telling me they will be here today. Somehow I have little faith..they're either going to be late or they'll have spelt February wrong again!

The problem is...there's no1 else to use. Walters on Turl St took over 6weeks to get some hoodies printed for my friend!

(On the other hand I can recommend 1clickprint.com if people want cheap/quick but good quality posters and flyers printed)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Yeah, see you there as well.
    It's Starbucks Cornmarket (I've made an exectutive decision!), and my mobile number's on Facebook if you need it. See you all there folks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

It's Starbucks Cornmarket (I've made an exectutive decision!), and my mobile number's on Facebook if you need it. See you all there folks!
    I just thought, where is the starbucks on Cornmarket? There's one on high street I know, but I can't at the moment picture one on Cornmarket :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    I just thought, where is the starbucks on Cornmarket? There's one on high street I know, but I can't at the moment picture one on Cornmarket :s:
    It's at the St Aldates' end...on the same side as the entrance to the covered market (where Pizza Express is).

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, just realised Stu's right - we don't have a lecture today for some reason! Thank god...an extra hour...means I can get so much more done!!!!!
    :cool: It's only a 10 lecture series, same next week... and in weeks 7 & 8.

ReputationRep:
    It's at the St Aldates' end...on the same side as the entrance to the covered market (where Pizza Express is).
    Oh yes of course, for a moment I thought that was a Costas... too many coffee shops!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone would like to be *really* nice and fancies putting up a couple of posters in their college for the TSAF musical (5th week, Discounted tickets available NOW at: www.turlstreetmusical.co.uk) that would be incredibly helpful!

I already have people postering: Lincoln, Exeter, Jesus, Mansfield & Keble (hopefully), but if anyone from any other colleges would like to put up a few posters for me (or even stick them up in your department), then please let me know and I'll pidge you some posters. If you'd also like to flyer all the pigeon holes at your college (subject to your college allowing it of course!) then I would also be eternally grateful. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If anyone would like to be *really* nice and fancies putting up a couple of posters in their college for the TSAF musical (5th week, Discounted tickets available NOW at: www.turlstreetmusical.co.uk) that would be incredibly helpful!

I already have people postering: Lincoln, Exeter, Jesus, Mansfield & Keble (hopefully), but if anyone from any other colleges would like to put up a few posters for me (or even stick them up in your department), then please let me know and I'll pidge you some posters. If you'd also like to flyer all the pigeon holes at your college (subject to your college allowing it of course!) then I would also be eternally grateful. Thanks
    I'm happy to put some up at St John's, not sure about flyering regulations but happy to put up posters - you can pidge them to me, i'll add you on Facebook so that you know my full name!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I didn't end up making it, am not well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    I've not been too healthy of late either...what's up with you will?

I've had some annoying pseudo-flu thing which just makes finding a comfortable temperature impossible...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Aww, that's OK, we didn't do that much - coffee, stopping Sam essaying, Primark, Sport's World and Sainsbury's... Not that exciting, just very relaxing We'll have to suddenly announce a time to go for coffee/to the pub again, it was nearly as sucessful as a carefully-planned-weeks-in-advance TSR meet :p:

Are you feeling any better yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

Aww, that's OK, we didn't do that much - coffee, stopping Sam essaying, Primark, Sport's World and Sainsbury's... Not that exciting, just very relaxing We'll have to suddenly announce a time to go for coffee/to the pub again, it was nearly as sucessful as a carefully-planned-weeks-in-advance TSR meet :p:

Are you feeling any better yet?
    Not exciting! I've never done anything so exciting :eek: But yes, it's all in the spontaneity me thinks.

And bad luck Will & Toby, hope your both feeling better soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    I'm happy to put some up at St John's, not sure about flyering regulations but happy to put up posters - you can pidge them to me, i'll add you on Facebook so that you know my full name!
    Thanks you're a star! Will try and put 3posters in your pidge this afternoon. Thanks again!!

ReputationRep:
    ah - I'm feeling fine - turning up for my 9am this morning wasn't great fun though!

-Just got off the phone with vodafone over my contract - now, I know being friendly is a good think if you work in a call centre, but this guy was just plain worrying - just because I'm sorting out stuff with him I dont want to be his mate!

- Just got a phone call from benfield - second round - woo!.etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    ah - I'm feeling fine - turning up for my 9am this morning wasn't great fun though!

-Just got off the phone with vodafone over my contract - now, I know being friendly is a good think if you work in a call centre, but this guy was just plain worrying - just because I'm sorting out stuff with him I dont want to be his mate!

- Just got a phone call from benfield - second round - woo!.etc
    Quite amazingly I have no 9ams all term, anyone would think I was an Arts student! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I already have people postering: Lincoln, Exeter, Jesus, Mansfield & Keble (hopefully), but if anyone from any other colleges would like to put up a few posters for me (or even stick them up in your department), then please let me know and I'll pidge you some posters.
    Can't do flyering but will definitely put up posters for you around Teddy Hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Quite amazingly I have no 9ams all term, anyone would think I was an Arts student! :eek:
    I only have the one...was really good - this week we did a whole thing about the evolution of the zagros mountains in Iran - fascinating stuff

I only have 4 hours a week which is blissful...but I also have a lot of research to do, so it cancels it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Can't do flyering but will definitely put up posters for you around Teddy Hall.
    Fabulous! Thanks

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.