The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
I'm going to stop complaining that the Sunday morning trampolining sessions are early. This is early. I'm a student, I shouldn't know 5am exists, let alone be awake and ready to cycle up to St Clement's and then go to Loughborough... *cries in a corner*
After 20 minutes the fire alarm stopped! Heard the most INCREDIBLE mass this morning - Widor messe a deux choeurs - in which the second of the deux choeurs is JUST baritones. 18 men :eek: The Kyrie nearly made my ears explode, I've never heard anything like it!!!
note to any applicants that may be reading- we don't like it when people reject our university. It makes us feel angsty

:fight:
Urgh. Ill. In bed all day yesterday. Still in bed now. Just had email telling me that a TSAF press release is needed by today (thanks for short-notice!). So had to stop sleeping and start writing press release. More press releases required soon too, as well as other marketing things. Have rehearsal this evening too and threatening email yesterday to entire cast "No-one can miss any more rehearsals". Nurse ignoring my emails. Need sleep, need to do press releases, need to work.

Stupid chesty cough thing go away :frown:
Reply 1524
The trampolining club captain pidged my a big bar of Galaxy. Trampolining love :proud:
Ok I had the randomest dream last night about Jesus College, maybe sparked off by Bekaboo's mention of a "Babies Weekend"... in my dream, Jesus College was like a really fun playground or something, with loads of amazing, really long slides and everyone laughing and playing! :confused: :redface:
Haha quality - I haven't been on TSR for 16 hours... s'gotta be like a record or something! I'm all smiley in spite of having got up at 6, rowed and then had 4 lectures... This won't make any of you smiley at all but Sam's been teaching me Gujarati and he made me a reminder thing of everything I've learnt and pidged it to me :biggrin:
Reply 1528
Bekaboo
This won't make any of you smiley at all but Sam's been teaching me Gujarati and he made me a reminder thing of everything I've learnt and pidged it to me :biggrin:

Everybody, collective "awwwww" :wink:
Reply 1529
Some of the Human Scientists have passed comment on the fact that there are photos of me in a leotard on Facebook :rolleyes: I refuse to de-tag them, I'm proud of being on the trampolining team!
Athena
Some of the Human Scientists have passed comment on the fact that there are photos of me in a leotard on Facebook :rolleyes: I refuse to de-tag them, I'm proud of being on the trampolining team!

What's wrong with a leotard? :confused:
Drogue
Everybody, collective "awwwww" :wink:

:p:

I'm going to have the most embarassing tute of my life on Friday
Cockups so far:
1. Not going to his lectures and getting caught out about it... at least partially
2. Misreading his email and thinking he hadnt sent me an essay and was just being very strange generally... although in my defence Stu read the whole thing for me and couldn't work out what the hell he was on about either...

He's gonna think I'm so blonde...
Reply 1532
Bekaboo
He's gonna think I'm so blonde...

But you are! :p: :wink: Will test you soon...

I'm going to be able to spend more time in Oxford! :biggrin: 2 weeks of Easter, working for college, calling up alumni and asking them for money. Free food, free accomodation, decent pay... and its Oxford, so I don't have to put up with home when its boring and no-one's around! :biggrin: Staying for 10th and 11th week (but not 9th, for some strange reason :confused: ).
Ah well I shall be back in Oxford in 11th so will come see you and check you're not starving...
Stu!!! HELP!!!! I hate these CMP problem sets we keep getting :frown: We have to do the 2nd question off last week's sheet now about the Tight Binding Model and I have no idea how to do it! HELP!!!!*

*Disclaimer: This is procrastinating, not work related! I'm asking for help on this problem set to avoid having to do other work for other problem sets!
Reply 1535
Bekaboo
Ah well I shall be back in Oxford in 11th so will come see you and check you're not starving...

Ta-ne ke-ra joy-e che? :p:

Also, its sunny today :biggrin: (but I haven't been outside, so no idea how cold it is).
sjuthani
Also, its sunny today :biggrin: (but I haven't been outside, so no idea how cold it is).

According to my computer it's now -1. Which is an improvement...first thing it was -4! Anyways, lots of snow on its way tomorrow :smile:
Hoofbeat
Stu!!! HELP!!!! I hate these CMP problem sets we keep getting :frown: We have to do the 2nd question off last week's sheet now about the Tight Binding Model and I have no idea how to do it! HELP!!!!*

*Disclaimer: This is procrastinating, not work related! I'm asking for help on this problem set to avoid having to do other work for other problem sets!

ok, you mean the question on "define velocity" etc prove that dkxdt=eF\hbar \frac{dk_x}{dt}=-eF etc etc?

I found Hook and Hall quite good for that question around section 4.4 (of my book at least). Once you've got the expressions for group velocity in mass as differentials of E and K it's just a case of finding evaluating them for the second part of the question. Drawing the things are a bit of a pain, I used a graph plotter for the second one because it's so obscure - one of those ones to learn me thinks. To be honest I struggled a bit with the angle calculation and motion bits myself, as I got imaginary roots or some such. The motion is also a little odd, but you may be able to blag it a bit using the bragg reflection discussion for effective mass in Kittel.

*disclaimer - this was also procrastinating as I should be doing fluid mechanics*
Reply 1538
Hoofbeat
According to my computer it's now -1. Which is an improvement...first thing it was -4! Anyways, lots of snow on its way tomorrow :smile:

Yep, just went down to lunch, and it really feels it! Oh, its cold... Is it wrong that I'm grateful for my essay crises keeping me places where its warm instead of doing other things like shopping?
(note to self: buy juice).
F1 fanatic
ok, you mean the question on "define velocity" etc prove that dkxdt=eF\hbar \frac{dk_x}{dt}=-eF etc etc?

I found Hook and Hall quite good for that question around section 4.4 (of my book at least). Once you've got the expressions for group velocity in mass as differentials of E and K it's just a case of finding evaluating them for the second part of the question. Drawing the things are a bit of a pain, I used a graph plotter for the second one because it's so obscure - one of those ones to learn me thinks. To be honest I struggled a bit with the angle calculation and motion bits myself, as I got imaginary roots or some such. The motion is also a little odd, but you may be able to blag it a bit using the bragg reflection discussion for effective mass in Kittel.

*disclaimer - this was also procrastinating as I should be doing fluid mechanics*

Thanks very much Stu. Unfortunately, we've obviously been given different questions!!! Mine involves diagonalising a Hamiltonian in Dirac Notation. Not to worry, I've ploughed my way through it and got quite far with it (I think I'm right) and have emailed a copy of it to my tutor asking for some advice, so hopefully he'll get back to me soon! How come you've started on Fluid Mechanics?! Far too keen! Although saying that, I should have realised when I saw one of you Keblites reading a book on Fluid Mechanics during a Solid State lecture last week! Have you finished all the climate stuff then, or are you doing this in addition? They work you hard at Keble, that's all I'll say!

Latest

Trending

Trending