Turn on thread page Beta

Do you drink a lot (alcohol)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Most people say university is a drinking culture however now I have left university I hardly drink in the week and can easily go for a few weeks without drinking. Has anyone else found this. Or didn't drink much at all in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink. Even at University. I had numerous pints of Coca-Cola on super-bowl Sunday, whilst everyone else was having their pitchers of whatever crazy concoction of alchohol they were drinking. On nights out, I would have a pint of Coke whilst everyone else was getting their shots or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I drank a lot before I went to uni. I drink copious amounts at uni. And I tend to try and detox when I'm on my holidays, so less than 8 pints a week.

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink like a fish both before and during uni but I got bored of drinking and found it made my anxiety a lot worse so I only drink booze maybe a couple of times a month now. Never really miss it tbh. Would rather have a takeaway than a booze up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit like OP. I drink occasionally but can easily go for weeks without drinking. I'm in my first year at university.

What I do is keep a mini fridge stocked (mostly with cider). I use that for pre-drinks whenever there is a big event on at university. Then I stock it up again and that can go untouched until the next event.

ReputationRep:
    I never drank at all before uni and even now I don't drink much, I'll have maybe one or two drinks at pre-drinks before a night out and that'll be it.

ReputationRep:
    not regularly these days based on my exams
    but when I drink, I go hard, because otherwise there's not much point

ReputationRep:
    I drink lots of water.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is not really a representative sample...

I drink a fair bit at uni if I'm going out or to the pub, once or twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    Oddly enough when at uni I don't really drink at all, but when I go back home to visit friends I drink quite a lot.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I can happily go weeks without drinking. Likewise if there's nights out planned on successive nights then I've no issue drinking loads across them

ReputationRep:
    I drink a lot, less so at home, more so at university

ReputationRep:
    changes allllll the time. Go times where i'm drinking a few times a week to times where not for weeks

ReputationRep:
    Hardly had anything to drink during semester, and on the ocassions I did it was always with old friends from school.

Had quite a lot at new year (at least for me) because my friend made me this disgusting conconction of spirits and I drank it without even realising it was probably 50% vodka.

I never crave a drink and only ever touch alcohol socially. I would say I drink equivalent to about 1 pint a week, not much at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on the individuals own perception of what a lot is. Personally, I wouldn't say I drink a lot.. I tend to go out a few times a week and drink. However, some of my housemates who don't drink at all think that I drink an excessive amount of alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I'm away at uni I go out multiple times a week and drink. I wouldn't say I drink loads, but compared to some people it is a lot. Don't drink at all at home though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm tee-total. So nope.

No. There are much healthier alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    No. There are much healthier alternatives.
    Yeah people drink to enjoy themselves they are not really think hmm 'there are much healthier alternatives'.

ReputationRep:
    I drink a fair bit on nights out at uni and like to have glasses of wine with my meals at home. I'm not drinking in January though, I'm doing Dryathlon for Cancer Research UK. It's going quite well so far

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.