Explain the importance of 4 monocular cues to the perception of depth and/or distance Watch

JennyBing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

The full essay question is 'Give details of four monocular cues and explain their importance to the perception of depth and/or distance'.

It's easy enough to provide the details of the monocular cues (relative size, interposition, texture gradient, linear perspective and shading); I know there are five there, but I haven't narrowed it down yet. However, I require help on the second aspect of the question. I can't really find any information regarding the importance of these cues, so I only have my guesses to go on which is worrying because I am not sure whether they are correct.

Thank you!
lucybuckleyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Their main importance is that they aid us in survival. They allow us to navigate and interact with the environment around us during everyday tasks, such as driving. Perception by Blake and Sekuler (2006) is a good book to start with!
JennyBing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lucybuckleyy)
Their main importance is that they aid us in survival. They allow us to navigate and interact with the environment around us during everyday tasks, such as driving. Perception by Blake and Sekuler (2006) is a good book to start with!
Thank you for your help! I will check that out; thanks for the suggestion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1495)
79.61%
Leave (383)
20.39%

Watched Threads