The Student Room Group

Extra time

Hey guys!

Who knows when is the deadline for applying for extra time??

I don't know if I have a chance for.it. I am international student, but my ielts is 7.5. (but writing is 6.0)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J2JW
Hey guys!

Who knows when is the deadline for applying for extra time??

I don't know if I have a chance for.it. I am international student, but my ielts is 7.5. (but writing is 6.0)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applying for A-level exam extra time or extra time in uni exams?

With uni exams, internal policies will vary, but I believe it's rare for students to be given extra time just because English isn't their first language. It's only normally given for disability related issues on the basis of an Ed Psych report (which the uni will help students get).

I'm not so sure about the rules for A-levels etc. but I believe the rules have been tightened up recently. You would need to contact the exams officer at your school to ask about this.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Are you applying for A-level exam extra time or extra time in uni exams?

With uni exams, internal policies will vary, but I believe it's rare for students to be given extra time just because English isn't their first language. It's only normally given for disability related issues on the basis of an Ed Psych report (which the uni will help students get).

I'm not so sure about the rules for A-levels etc. but I believe the rules have been tightened up recently. You would need to contact the exams officer at your school to ask about this.

Extra time for A levels

Well, the matter is that at first the college said I can't because of my ielts, but yesterday they sent me email that they can test my English and decide about it...
Original post by J2JW
Extra time for A levels

Well, the matter is that at first the college said I can't because of my ielts, but yesterday they sent me email that they can test my English and decide about it...

I think you need to go through your college and see what they say. I know the rules have changed a lot recently, so some advice you get online might be out of date. You might be better off asking a mod to move this to the A-levels section as well.
Reply 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending