The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
[INDENT] BREAKING NEWS !!! POSSIBLE ID OF CHARLIE HEBDO SHOOTERS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...do-attack.html
[/INDENT]
Original post by Dexa
Well that's a ridiculous thing to say. That's like saying one should go round saying the n word, as they feel it is within their right, and then moan when a black person beats them up or worse.

If people find something offensive, why give them an excuse to get at you? Treat others like how you'd want to be treated yourself.

moan? the black person would be arrested for assault. you think assault is somehow justified?

what if the black person assaults someone saying n*gger and the black person ends up being paralysed or worse?

you won't have sympathy for the moaning of the black family over their black son who will never walk again or may even have accidently been killed when he foolishly attacked someone?

attacking someone is not the same treatment as mocking someone.
Original post by ha27
are you stupid? thats not funny.

Then don't laugh.

Original post by ha27
all over the student room right now i can see so much HATE towards islam
what do you want to achieve i dont understand?

What do you want to achieve by posting this? It's just personal expression.

Original post by ha27
by saying 'ohh look even more extreme muslims kill me now because i eat pork' you must think you are hilarious.

I didn't say that.

Original post by ha27
do u think i am proud of what extreme muslims have done? do you think i agree with the extremists? NO i dont so dont think we are all the same ok?

I also didn't say that.
Original post by clh_hilary
Same rationale you presented.

- Muslims can't draw something
- Other people shouldn't draw it

- Muslims can't eat port
- Other people shouldn't eat pork

Yh but eating pork isn't causing terrorists to go kill people

Original post by clh_hilary
In this particular post I'm showing you how, at the very least with your wordings, are saying that it is indeed justified.

'But'. 'Kind of brought it on themselves'.

What I mean by that is that with all the terror attack that have happened they should've been a bit cautious about what they did and how it's going to affect muslims, especially the extremists
Original post by ha27
im sorry but who said to you dont eat pork?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just completely misunderstood the post.
Reply 525
Original post by tibis ii
moan? the black person would be arrested for assault. you think assault is somehow justified?

what if the black person assaults someone saying n*gger and the black person ends up being paralysed or worse?

you won't have sympathy for the moaning of the black family over their black son who will never walk again or may even have accidently been killed when he foolishly attacked someone?

attacking someone is not the same treatment as mocking someone.

Verbal abuse can be just as bad as physical abuse in certain contexts
Original post by Naima_786

So once again you have made it clear that we only give in when people threaten to kill us.

Violence is the answer, this is what you're saying.

What I mean by that is that with all the terror attack that have happened they should've been a bit cautious about what they did and how it's going to affect muslims, especially the extremists

So instead of stopping people from killing, you think the dead should've bowed to the killers all along instead.
Bringing this thread back to the OP I just found out the poor policeman who asked for mercy and then was shot was muslim. What does that say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
So? By showing them we're not afraid that number will one day fall. I repeat, we do not deal with terrorists by giving in to the demands, especially when they're as ridiculous as this.

i doubt that. Look at the wars, in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, the British are standing up, but the war is still going on, with no impact, so it will only get worse.

No. I don't have to respect your belief, do you respect Hitler's beliefs? You have the right to practise your religion, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to abide by your religion's rules.

ok fine, but then you'll have to deal with the consequences whether you like them or not

No, Christians get just as much stick, if not more and they don't react violently. What's your explanation to that? These criticisms will not stop, they'll probably increase if muslims continue reacting in such a ridiculous way.

Like what? And Tbh, and extremists will continue to act that way as well
Reply 529
Original post by Lady Comstock
Would a Muslim be within their rights to "moan" if they were assaulted for carrying around a Qur'an, or repeating its content, in respect of the offensive language against women and gay people? Would the Muslim have "given them an excuse" to assault them?

How would that apply then? Why should we care about what the Quran says and how it subjects women and gay people. We shouldn't be bothered about how their religion treats them, they're perfectly within their rights to flee and leave that religion if that goes against their principles. We shouldn't be involving ourselves and messing about with their affairs like this magazine company have done. Unfortunately for them they have paid the ultimate price. I'm not saying we shouldn't stand up to extremism, but this was a very stupid thing to do especially at a time of religious unrest in the city.

So violencenis the best way to get what you want.

So Islamic extremists that oppose any open expression of homosexuality should start attacking openly homosexual people.

What happens if 2 violent ideologies disagree on something.

Like extreme pro communists and extreme antic immunises. Do we just not do anything communist nor anything non communists.
Quite funny how ITT people are equating making fun of a real person to making fun of an imaginary prophet.

Saying the n-word to a black person isn't and will never be the same as criticising or caricaturing a 'person' for whom there exists no actual definitive proof that they actually existed.
Original post by looseseal
Quite funny how ITT people are equating making fun of a real person to making fun of an imaginary prophet.

Saying the n-word to a black person isn't and will never be the same as criticising or caricaturing a 'person' for whom there exists no actual definitive proof that they actually existed.

The question isnt whether he existed_facepalm_ its whether he was an actual prophet. Even non muslims realise there was a chap called muhammad who was around 1400 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um, even as an atheist I'm pretty sure that Mohammed is an actual historical figure - which is something and pretty much all historians agree on, by the way.

Apart from that I absolutely agree with you - personally insulting and making fun of a person in front of you is worse than making fun of a historical and political figure. Everyone who's out there in the spotlight of society needs to expect being made fun of.
Original post by Dexa
How would that apply then? Why should we care about what the Quran says and how it subjects women and gay people. We shouldn't be bothered about how their religion treats them, they're perfectly within their rights to flee and leave that religion if that goes against their principles. We shouldn't be involving ourselves and messing about with their affairs like this magazine company have done. Unfortunately for them they have paid the ultimate price. I'm not saying we shouldn't stand up to extremism, but this was a very stupid thing to do especially at a time of religious unrest in the city.

And what is the punishment for apostates in Islam?
Original post by elhm1800
The question isnt whether he existed_facepalm_ its whether he was an actual prophet. Even non muslims realise there was a chap called muhammad who was around 1400 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mistake on my part. But the point still stands - it's a ridiculous notion for people to kill over a person who lived over 1000 years ago.
Original post by matthewduncan

as far as im concerned your all as bad as eachother
the nutjob terrorists and people like youself who dont leave thrm alone
of course, of course

I'm just as bad as people who have massacred 12 persons

your moral compass desperately needs fixing, mate
Mistake on my part. But the point still stands - it's a ridiculous notion for people to kill over a person who lived over 1000 years ago.

You sir are absolutely correct. Its ludicrous how extreme it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
Original post by DiddyDec
And what is the punishment for apostates in Islam?

They should flee to a non-Islamic country and then remove themselves from Islam. That is the best they can do. I'm not saying to do it in their own country governed by sharia law.
Original post by Dexa
Typical ignorant Western attitude, i'm not even Muslim.

Typical Western attitude...... advising against killing in the name of religion :rolleyes:

Oh such bad Westerners!

ps if you don't like Western attitude get-off this Western-originated website :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending