The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by lent6
It's not really stupid if they were wanting to die.

Speaking purely from a tactical point of view, it was stupid that they just charged out into an open area. If their aim was to take down as many security forces as possible they should have let them come into the building.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1001
Original post by Simes
All 3 dead? That's a shame. I'd hoped they'd get life in prison.

So that some other idiot can take hostages for their release? We went down that road in the 70s and 80s.
Reply 1002
Another person with the n°3 killed in the supermarket.
Reply 1003
Original post by Dexa
Speaking purely from a tactical point of view, it was stupid that they just charged out into open an area. If their aim was to take down as many security forces as possible they should have let them come into the building.

who knows how their mind works, but even tactically they were at a disadvantage.
[QUOTE="lucaf;52774321"]How is My Lai related? That wasn't the US targeting it's own civilians, it was soldiers killing civilians in a country they were fighting in. Terrible, but irrelevant.

Original post by lucaf
The 911 thing wasn't a reply to you.

I was using the My Lai investigation as an example. Research it yourself.
Original post by Simes

Muslims are 12% of France and 70% of the prison population. I don't think they would be too uncomfortable.
Original post by elhm1800
Mate im glad you are against IS. I am too. Got it? HOWEVER that was not the discussion I was taking part in...okay? Got that? If you want a discussion about IS thats fine....and it wasnt a guy 'with a long beard':confused: who was taking part in the discussion with me. You seem very confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it has as much to do wth you bringing up israel in a thread about islamist nutters attcking cartoonists, showing your agendas. comment on the agenda of the islamists that attcked them if you are interested in sticking to topic
Original post by Dexa
Who else think that the newspaper was stupid to almost bring this onto themselves? Why do something that you know will provoke a reaction from extremists? My sympathies to those who suffered for this.

Isn't that like saying "she asked to be raped for wearing that dress"
Original post by Simes

Good, i dont want them to ahve a comfy life in prison. if it was the US however, they would have been executed.
Original post by Qari
I have one question. Isn't it stupid to broadcast what is happening outside the shop whilst the hostage takers are inside I mean they'll be able to see everything?

I heard them say something like the police scrambled signals in the area, so they probably can't get internet or phone signal inside.
Reply 1010
Original post by ParasiteRex
Muslims are 12% of France and 70% of the prison population. I don't think they would be too uncomfortable.

where did you get these stats from?
Reply 1011
Original post by Simes

Exactly. In their minds they have won because they are now "martyrs". Would have been better if they served the rest of their time in prison so they live with the failure.
Original post by MrDystopia
Credit to the French for getting it under control quickly. Investigations into how the perpetrators were able to carry this out despite being known will be for another day. For now I'm glad this is hopefully over now.
hardly quickly, 2 islamists drive into paris kill an office of people and calmly drive away not able to be tracked for antoher 24 hours. one of whom was know islamist sympathiser. a shambles frankly - a review is needed
Reply 1013
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
I heard them say something like the police scrambled signals in the area, so they probably can't get internet or phone signal inside.

oh that makes sense, I guess everyone else knew of the one open channel.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
it has as much to do wth you bringing up israel in a thread about islamist nutters attcking cartoonists, showing your agendas. comment on the agenda of the islamists that attcked them if you are interested in sticking to topic

Jesus I was responding to a comment on israel! Who the eff made you thread mod anyway:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1015
Original post by Dexa
Exactly. In their minds they have won because they are now "martyrs". Would have been better if they served the rest of their time in prison so they live with the failure.

these lot clearly don't know what a martyr is
Original post by Dexa
Who else think that the newspaper was stupid to almost bring this onto themselves? Why do something that you know will provoke a reaction from extremists? My sympathies to those who suffered for this.

Because the cartoons are humorous and people enjoy reading them.

They publish cartoons about all kinds of races and religions, but nobody else decided to go and shoot a load of innocent people.

We can't spend our lives living in fear because of one silly religion.
Original post by Qari
where did you get these stats from?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/28/AR2008042802560.html

From 2008, I'd guess both percentages have increased since.
Reply 1018
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Because the cartoons are humorous and people enjoy reading them.

They publish cartoons about all kinds of races and religions, but nobody else decided to go and shoot a load of innocent people.

We can't spend our lives living in fear because of one silly religion.

just because you're not a fan of it doesn't give you the right to call it silly.
Original post by Qari
these lot clearly don't know what a martyr is

martyr is a theoetical concept, so it can be anything you want it to be - hence the danger of such ideologies and the weak minded that get sucked into them. these islamsits regarded them selves as eventual 'martyrs' they said so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending