The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
no I was just wondering what his belief is?
so what is evolution please clarify?

Evolution is the change in allele frequency in a population. Changes caused by natural selection, genetic drift, mutation, Gene flow and other.

That's much better than 'Huur duur my grandaddy was duh no monkeh!1one!!'
Reply 1061
Original post by Good bloke
This is the wrong thread. Go to the evolution thread, where your views will be torn apart by experts.

I can honestly say I didn't mean to offend anyone.
So if I did then sorry about that
Reply 1062
Original post by Josb
Easy, take the % of Africans in prison.

okay I understand

Original post by SamKeene
Evolution is the change in allele frequency in a population. Changes caused by natural selection, genetic drift, mutation, Gene flow and other.

That's much better than 'Huur duur my grandaddy was duh no monkeh!1one!!'

fair enough
Original post by G8D
Christianity and Judaism have been mocked far more yet the response from those faith have been... mostly civil or non-existent.

Ummm Crusades? When christians started wars against islamic religion in order to impose christianity? Do you know they used children to fight wars all in the name of religion?
Christians have led WARS in the name of religion - it was hundreds of years ago, but nonetheless it was possibly the biggest islamophobic thing to have ever happened.
And btw, as a christian, I have never felt mocked for my religion....
(edited 9 years ago)
they deserved it. they know muslims get butthurt about this sort of stuff - what did they think would happen?

i wish the cartoonists somehow rose from the dead so i can pop the question:

Spoiler

yeah i believe in freedom of speech, but these guys did what they did for the sake of pissing off angry muslims rofl. like why? dumb ****s. the danish guys at least did it for jokes

Original post by SiminaM
Ummm Crusades? When christians started wars against islamic religion in order to impose christianity? Do you know they used children to fight wars all in the name of religion?
Christians have led WARS in the name of religion - it was hundreds of years ago, but nonetheless it was possibly the biggest islamophobic thing to have ever happened.
ur name means fat in arabic
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Perhaps we should look to modernity where (mostly) we and religions have grown up.

In the world of freedoms and human rights, what entitles anyone to kill over a cartoon?

How does a religion 'grow up' please explain:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clh_hilary
Have you thought that maybe I as a non-muslim would need you to accommodate my religious views? That I can be offended as well?

Of course I have, what are you trying to say?
Original post by snoop_frog
they deserved it. they know muslims get butthurt about this sort of stuff - what did they think would happen?

i wish the cartoonists somehow rose from the dead so i can pop the question:

Spoiler

yeah i believe in freedom of speech, but these guys did what they did for the sake of pissing off angry muslims rofl. like why? dumb ****s. the danish guys at least did it for jokes

ur name means fat in arabic

I'm sure their actions have annoyed a lot of non-muslims.

Would you be justifying a right-right fanatic insulted by these actions going into and shooting up a Mosque? Stop trying to appease murderers. Lets stop the History Channel whilst we are at it in case we insult Nazi's and they have an attack.
Original post by samba
Cmon, don't you know. This was all the jews fault. Denying holocaust denial should be allowed if satirising Mohammed is.

Even yesterday I saw people on this very website saying the Charlie Hebdo attack was a Mossad false flag, it's sickening
Original post by Qari
I can honestly say I didn't mean to offend anyone.
So if I did then sorry about that

You didn't and, anyway, I don't have the right not to be offended (and neither do you).

It is pretty disconcerting, though, that supposedly intelligent people can get out of secondary education in Britain and still believe what a mediaeval warlord wrote in the seventh century rather than what modern science has taught us since. That clearly demonstrates the pernicious harm that organised religion can do.
Original post by SiminaM

That's the biggest flaw in your stupid argument. I can name plenty of things that were acceptable "hundreds of years ago" that aren't now. I hate it when people use stupid Crusades and such arguments to make that equal to the actions of terrorists today. IT'S THE 21st FREAKING CENTURY, we are not supposed to be acting in a barbaric way. It's called moral progress, look it up.
You make it sound as if the fact that "Oh, Christians etc. used to do it" is any justification for what is going on now. Change the record, please.
Original post by elhm1800

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christians 500 years ago: Burning witches and going on Crusades

Christians today: Coffee mornings and soup kitchens
Reply 1072
Original post by SiminaM

As a Christian, you don't feel mocked because you're secure in yourself. If someone puts up a Jesus meme or tells a Pope joke, you're secure enough for it to not even register on your psyche.

Islam and Muslims are fundamentally childish and immature. This is a natural product of their religion being newer and younger than the others. 1000 years ago, 500 years ago, Christians were doing the Crusades and carrying out inquisitions and burning witches and all this kind of nonsense - basically they used to put religion at the centre of the Human condition - this coincided with a less civilised world in general.

Islam is at that place now - they think they can spread religion by force and that anyone who disagrees is unholy. The only problem is that everyone else has moved on and the world is a much more civilised place generally - also that modern methods and weapons are much, much more dangerous.

Muslims need to grow up. That's all there is to it. They need to stop being so childish, insecure and inferior. I would guess that in 500 years time, hijabs will be gone and no-one will give two hoots about drawing pictures of the prophet.

In the meantime, they need to be sorted out. They're out of control.
Original post by hahahoran18
'The prophet has been avenged...' surely only the most uneducated of people believe this has anything to do with Islam.... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep telling yourself it has nothing to do with Islam
Reply 1074
Original post by Good bloke
You didn't and, anyway, I don't have the right not to be offended (and neither do you).

It is pretty disconcerting, though, that supposedly intelligent people can get out of secondary education in Britain and still believe what a mediaeval warlord wrote in the seventh century rather than what modern science has taught us since. That clearly demonstrates the pernicious harm that organised religion can do.

oh that's ok. and you sound like a mate of mine
Original post by elhm1800

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not the religions that grow up. It's the people that "grow up". The people who realise that if they're so intent on following these religions they have to at least adapt them to the basic standards of what is and is not acceptable in the evolution of society. The people who refuse to do this - hence fundamentalists - are the ones who are out of touch.
Original post by Qari
oh that's ok. and you sound like a mate of mine

You should listen more closely to your mate, then. He obviously talks good sense.
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Also, at one point one of the BBC reporters tried to move a bit closer and the signal started cutting out so they moved back to where they were (and where all the other journalists were) so it would make sense.

I think all religions are silly though, Islam just seems to be one that causes more problems than the others.

It seems to cause problems, because these terrorists think that other countries occupy they land so they want to do something about it and the only excuse they can use is their religion, when i heard that they said we have avenged the prophet and we are martyrs and that they want to kill all westerners i laugh so much because of how much they have taken certain quotes with misinterpretations, misquatations and literally cherry picked them from the quran
Original post by SiminaM
Ummm Crusades? When christians started wars against islamic religion in order to impose christianity?
I thought the Crusades were to regain access to the Holy Lands having been conquered by the invading Moslems?
Original post by Simes
I thought the Crusades were to regain access to the Holy Lands having been conquered by the invading Moslems?

That was the official excuse. Regain access? Europeans had never been to the Holy Lands, what access was there to be regained?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending