Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am planning to do engineering and need to choose whether to take math hl or SL and also should I take history or economics ?my current choices are-
    Math. Hl or SL
    Physics. Hl
    Chem. SL
    Spanish SL
    History/economics hl
    Eng hl or SL(depenfing on math)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Math HL I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Engineering: Maths HL definitely — you'll find the Calculus and Matrices much more relevant and useful

ReputationRep:
    Not only will math HL be more relevant and useful, it's also a minimum requirement for a lot of engineering courses at university, or at the very least strongly recommended to be competitive.

As for economics or history, it depends on what you think you'd be able to achieve the best grades in as none of them is a required subject for engineering courses.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm..is economics hl or is history hl easier??

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't take either so I can't be sure. Look up what topics you'll be covering in history in your school, because it can range from history in the 500s-1700s or modern history so the topics you might end up studying are quite different, to make sure you know what you're up for. Otherwise, my personal advice is always to go for whichever one you feel like you could do better at and are more interested in. I've heard that both of them take up quite a lot of time and require a lot of writing (at least for History) so it might be best to choose based on aptitude/interest. Economics might be more applicable if you want to be an engineer than history, though they're not directly related.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.