The Student Room Group

Best way to get into nursing

[INDENT] Hi there! My name is Kris. Ive been working some time as a healthcare assistant and i want to pursue my career in mental health. I would like to start a degree as a mental health nurse and id like to get some info about that. I am a EU citizen and im afraid some of my qualifications might not be accepted by British universities. I was thinking about taking 1 year course which could prepare me to study and my question is, which one would be the best money/time wise as im working full time doing rotating shifts. As much as possible I want to keep my full time job but going bank is also an option. Its been nearly 10 years since i left high school and id probably need GCSE. Is there any access course which don't require this? As much as possible i don't want to waste another year doing it. Thanks [/INDENT]
I believe that all Access Courses now require at least grade C in GCSE Maths and English from September 2014... You would certainly need them (or an equivalent) to get onto a uni nursing course.

Access courses fit in well when you have other commitments and do prepare you for uni.

It seems like a long time doing GCSEs for a year, then access for a year but it really does go so quickly.

I believe there is an option to do nursing training with the nhs when you already work for them. I think it takes four years and its hard to get accepted. I don't know a lot about it im afraid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks a lot :smile: I think ill just have to email them and ask about the requirements to enroll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending