Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! My name is Kris. Ive been working some time as a healthcare assistant and i want to pursue my career in mental health. I would like to start a degree as a mental health nurse and id like to get some info about that. I am a EU citizen and im afraid some of my qualifications might not be accepted by British universities. I was thinking about taking 1 year course which could prepare me to study and my question is, which one would be the best money/time wise as im working full time doing rotating shifts. As much as possible I want to keep my full time job but going bank is also an option. Its been nearly 10 years since i left high school and id probably need GCSE. Is there any access course which don't require this? As much as possible i don't want to waste another year doing it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I believe that all Access Courses now require at least grade C in GCSE Maths and English from September 2014... You would certainly need them (or an equivalent) to get onto a uni nursing course.

Access courses fit in well when you have other commitments and do prepare you for uni.

It seems like a long time doing GCSEs for a year, then access for a year but it really does go so quickly.

I believe there is an option to do nursing training with the nhs when you already work for them. I think it takes four years and its hard to get accepted. I don't know a lot about it im afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot I think ill just have to email them and ask about the requirements to enroll

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.