Psychology degree - how to revise

Watch this thread
blossomx
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm a first year doing Psychology and I'm struggling with knowing how to study effectively. I do the further reading and add in details of studies and elaboration of theories into my notes and I thought I was doing ok. I was getting ready to start revising these notes in order to write essays.

However, when I looked at past papers I honestly felt my heart drop. Instead of asking for general evaluations of a theory (e.g. Piaget) it asks for a 45 minute essay on a very specific detail of a theory and I just feel like I don't have the amount of information to write anything more than a 10 minute paragraph on and even then it would be a complete mess.

I know the answer is - do further reading. However, when it asks for whole essays on something covered in a couple of sentences on the lecture and each lecture is 60+ slides long I don't know how to even begin to prepare.

Any advice? All my modules are 100% exam based with 50% multiple choice and 50% essays. Thank goodness for the mcq.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (17)
18.48%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (31)
33.7%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.43%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.17%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.78%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.57%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.52%

Watched Threads