Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You perform an experiment where you count the radioactivity from a sample
    for 5 minutes. You record a total of 312 counts. How long would you have to count
    to know the count rate to an accuracy of i) 5% ii) 2%
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by STARKINDUSTRIES)
    for 5 minutes. You record a total of 312 counts. How long would you have to count
    hello and welcome to TSR.

This question cannot be answered without further information. It looks as if it is part of a larger question which contains the necessary information. i.e. half-life count rate, whether the inevitable count errors introduced are systematic or random, distribution of error etc. etc.

To get a quick response, it's always advisable to post the full question including any diagrams and to show your working/answers up to that point for the previous parts. A brief explanation telling us why you are having difficulty will allow others to guide you to the correct answer.

Thanks.

(Original post by STARKINDUSTRIES)
    Answer here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28624757

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.