Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm turning 21 in a few months and after a review of my situation have decided I'd like to get back into education, study something specific and eventually do a degree.
    I stupidly quit my A Levels a few months in and left school with 18 GCSE's A*-B and didn't do anything else.

I've never really had any careers advice, not sure what my options are or if I'm being too ambitious in thinking I can get to University now.
    Right now I don't have a definite area/subject in mind that I would like to look into more.

Any reading materials, advice or opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am 23 and in full time employment. I have enrolled on a foundation degree which you can do with just GCSEs. You then have the option to do a top up course once completed to top it up to a full honours degree.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's another option then.
    What sort of GCSE grades did you get, and what foundation degree are you doing if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    I had 7 c, 2 d and 1 a. I think the main thing is to have c or above in maths and English.

My foundation degree is in computing and IT practice which was the only computer related foundation degree the open university had on offer.

Hope this helps.

Russ

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.