The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruyshi
Thank you :biggrin:

You do have to have a blood test when you arrive though to check you're immune to hep B, plus a HIV test.
(edited 9 years ago)

Meaning its the place to be
Original post by Marakh
Meaning its the place to be

Ah yes, it is! Do you hold an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by powelsmartin
Ah yes, it is! Do you hold an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I'm studying there.
I haven't received a health declaration letter yet. Although I haven't firmed my offer yet either.
Original post by Marakh
Nah, I'm studying there.

Cool, what course? I'm deciding between Oriel PPE and LSE philosophy and economics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by powelsmartin
Cool, what course? I'm deciding between Oriel PPE and LSE philosophy and economics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh fair enough, I'm doing Maths. I wouldn't want to really put pressure on you, but for me Oxford is just such a fantastic place to be with opportunities coming out of your ears, even though LSE might have a better or more suited to you course.
Anyone really worried about meeting their offer?
Original post by troodon

Literally so so so worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by troodon

It's healthy for us to be stressing about meeting our offers, but to be honest we wouldn't have offers if last year's grades weren't at least great. Of course, getting the A*(s) is the main worry but we can probably afford a bad day in June and still average an A in most subjects overall. So yeah, don't stress too much but use it as motivation to achieve your best; I know I will :smile:
Original post by troodon

I'm a bit worried but at least it's not Cambridge with their quite common 4A* offers :smile:
This might be a silly question, but UCAS seriously confuses me.

I have a conditional offer from Oxford, and I've now met the conditions, do I have to wait to hear back from my other choices before accepting Oxford, or can I withdraw from all of them and then will UCAS let me accept? Because right now all it says is that I have to wait to hear back from everyone before I can accept anything.
Original post by annnaharding
This might be a silly question, but UCAS seriously confuses me.

I have a conditional offer from Oxford, and I've now met the conditions, do I have to wait to hear back from my other choices before accepting Oxford, or can I withdraw from all of them and then will UCAS let me accept? Because right now all it says is that I have to wait to hear back from everyone before I can accept anything.

You can withdraw and accept: I did.
Original post by oskarwithak
You can withdraw and accept: I did.

Ok I'll do that, thanks :smile:
Anyone have any tips for revising and just sorting my life out in general?
Reply 1035
Original post by troodon
Anyone have any tips for revising and just sorting my life out in general?

Hide all your electronic devices at the bottom of a deep ocean...
Is anyone else having any trouble with their other unis/insurance choices? See, the way I understand it is, you choose for your insurance an offer that's a bit lower than your firm so you can go there if you mess up an exam. But the offer I've got from York is for three A's (which is exactly the same as Oxford's) and while I've also got a BC offer from Bath Spa, I'm not wild about the thought of putting it as an insurance (I live in Bristol, so if I ended up not getting the grades for Oxford, I wouldn't be able to leave home). I'm still waiting for Edinburgh & Durham to get back to me, but what are the chances that they'd offer me something like AAB or whatever?
Reply 1037
Original post by mercurien
Is anyone else having any trouble with their other unis/insurance choices? See, the way I understand it is, you choose for your insurance an offer that's a bit lower than your firm so you can go there if you mess up an exam. But the offer I've got from York is for three A's (which is exactly the same as Oxford's) and while I've also got a BC offer from Bath Spa, I'm not wild about the thought of putting it as an insurance (I live in Bristol, so if I ended up not getting the grades for Oxford, I wouldn't be able to leave home). I'm still waiting for Edinburgh & Durham to get back to me, but what are the chances that they'd offer me something like AAB or whatever?

Hi :smile:
If I were you I'd wait and see what offers you get (as there's no rush to reply yet) and if AAA is the lowest offer you get excluding Bath Spa then just choose your favourite. After all, some unis do still accept candidates who don't quite meet the requirements, and if you don't think you'd enjoy studying at Bath then there's no point in putting it down. On the other hand, if you do want to play it safe by putting Bath then there's always adjustment; one of the others may still take you if your results meet their requirements.

I know that at my school there was a maths applicant whose offers were all quite similar, 3 of them being AAA I think, so the head of year emailed the student's favourite one and said that if they didn't lower their offer then he wouldn't even consider them as he'd received the same offer from other unis. Not sure if it worked but it's worth a try - maybe speak to your teachers and see what they think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mercurien

Last year I had A*A*A from 3 universities, A*AA from 1 and then A*AB from the last. Since I knew I was going to get A*s in maths and further maths, I had to choose my 5th choice, Bath, as my insurance. Would've been absolutely gutted had I not got into Oxford.
This is probably something literally no one cares about but me but... If anyone watches Pretty Little Liars (spoiler lol) it was pretty heavily implied this episode that Spencer will be at Oxford next year!!! Which means we will hopefully be in the same year at Oxford as Spencer Hastings :redface:o I know she isn't real but still this is a big deal to me

Latest

Trending

Trending