Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluteflute
Was that UNIQ? :smile:

Yep! I was at week 1 :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by SeaweedBrain
Where were you then? I'm still feeling very stupid about this D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there! Sorry to bother you, but is there any news about Max yet? :s-smilie: I know I'm being a real pain, but I'm still annoyed with myself for not getting any contact details at all (so silly!). Thanks so much :wink:
Original post by danniegee
Hi there! Sorry to bother you, but is there any news about Max yet? :s-smilie: I know I'm being a real pain, but I'm still annoyed with myself for not getting any contact details at all (so silly!). Thanks so much :wink:

Don't worry! He got a rejection, sadly, but he's ok with it :smile: did you see the article he wrote for the Nottingham Post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
Don't worry! He got a rejection, sadly, but he's ok with it :smile: did you see the article he wrote for the Nottingham Post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no!!! :frown: I hope he's alright :s-smilie: No I haven't seen it - can I just find it on Google?
Reply 125
Found it - just reading it now!
Original post by Ocean7
Anyone at Anne's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am. What course?
Reply 127
Oh dear... :s-smilie:

I hope he enjoys his time at uni wherever he goes, though :smile:

Thank-you for putting up with me being a pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm:

I wish people would stop writing articles about things they openly admit they have no real understanding of.
Course: Maths
College: Somerville
Outcome: Offer made! A*A*A
How you feel: Intensely chuffed, I was not expecting this at all! Also super happy because several of my friends also got offers from Oxford!
Original post by Noble.
:facepalm:

I wish people would stop writing articles about things they openly admit they have no real understanding of.

Have you read it? If you have, you'll know that it was about his experience and feelings during the process (he wrote it after interview) rather than him pertaining to have any specific knowledge about the admissions system :smile: please don't judge it simply because it was written by an applicant about Oxford :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where were you then? I'm still feeling very stupid about this D:

Errm here's a clue: I was at UNIQ for both weeks 5 and 6
Original post by Abi790
Yep! I was at week 1 :smile:

Yay, always glad to hear of UNIQ successes :biggrin:
Sorry, I'm a bit late.
Course: Biochemistry
College:Magdalen
Outcome:Conditional, 90% in english,physics,chemistry,biology,biotechnology (I am international)
How you feel: Extremely happy. But still, I have to ace my exams, so..................*in gravely voice* Winter Is Coming.
Have you read it? If you have, you'll know that it was about his experience and feelings during the process (he wrote it after interview) rather than him pertaining to have any specific knowledge about the admissions system :smile: please don't judge it simply because it was written by an applicant about Oxford :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I read it. It wasn't entirely about his experience and feelings; he seems to be under the impression Oxford likes having to accommodate applicants for 4 days and that Oxford makes no attempt at streamlining the process.
Errm here's a clue: I was at UNIQ for both weeks 5 and 6

Were you a site manager for week 6 by any chance? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you a site manager for week 6 by any chance? :O

You got it :smile:
Original post by Noble.
Yes I read it. It wasn't entirely about his experience and feelings; he seems to be under the impression Oxford likes having to accommodate applicants for 4 days and that Oxford makes no attempt at streamlining the process.

You're right, but he had had a particularly awful time of it and was there for 5/6 days waiting around, hence was quite bitter. I had forgotten that he'd mentioned that, but all the same, it seems unfair to an applicant that one should be put at the mercy of the university for such a long time, hence one will quite rightly begin to question the complexities of such a system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You got it :smile:

I had a sneaking suspicion! Now I'm slightly starstruck cause you're basically a TSR god :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody here with offers for biochem at magdalen?

Latest

Trending

Trending