Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, isit possible to change course very early in the term at Bristol, within the economics department. I've got an offer 4 acc & fin (abb), but have now decided that id much rather do one of the economics courses, and do as much economics as possible, e.g economics & finance. I called them up and they said that all their courses were already heavily over-subscribed, so they wudnt b able 2 change it at this time. But in the prospectus it clearly says that you can change courses within the economics department at the start of the 1st term. so do u think that i wud b able to change. advice from ne1 already at bristol having done something similar wud b very helpful.

cheers!!!

ReputationRep:
    I cant speak for economics as i don't know anything about the department but within my course (physiology) people swapped between courses very easily. If it says in the prospectus that it's possible to change then i guess it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazthaman)
    Hiya, isit possible to change course very early in the term at Bristol, within the economics department. I've got an offer 4 acc & fin (abb), but have now decided that id much rather do one of the economics courses, and do as much economics as possible, e.g economics & finance. I called them up and they said that all their courses were already heavily over-subscribed, so they wudnt b able 2 change it at this time. But in the prospectus it clearly says that you can change courses within the economics department at the start of the 1st term. so do u think that i wud b able to change. advice from ne1 already at bristol having done something similar wud b very helpful.

cheers!!!
    sooo many people want to change to an economics course - but since economics is one of the most competitive subjects at bristol - you are unlikely to be able to change it

ReputationRep:
    So u think i wudnt even be able to change to Economics & Finance, or econ & acc? y wud they bother writing, within the economics department part of the prospectus, that b4 the 3rd week of the 1st term you can change course within the department, as long as u've got the grades n tell the head of department y u'd wana change, if as ur saying it probbaly wudnt b possible?

ReputationRep:
    So u think i wudnt even be able to change to Economics & Finance, or econ & acc? y wud they bother writing, within the economics department part of the prospectus, that b4 the 3rd week of the 1st term you can change course within the department, as long as u've got the grades n tell the head of department y u'd wana change, if as ur saying it probbaly wudnt b possible?

Try reading this:

http://www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/Economic.../transfers.htm

If it doesn't answer your question then start e-mailing a few people on this list;

http://www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/Economic...f.htm#Academic

EDIT: person to contact regarding transfers is Dr. Edmund Cannon, who can be contacted at [email protected].

(I must have been hit on the head to be this helpful!)

ReputationRep:
    i sent an email to 'edmund' yday, n hasn't replied yet. i sent an e-mail quite a while back askin sum other question to the addmissions tutor, and they still haven't replied. looks like there useless at replying 2 emails?

2 mo things, im hopefully gna visit the uni on the weekend, jus wana know r the buildings all over the place, or isit like semi campus type uni? And has the uni gotta good friendly, community vibe?

ReputationRep:
    The uni is campus like with pretty much all the departments situated along woodland road, or very close to it. The uni has got a really good community feel - you'll always see someone you know when walking around uni. This is also true in halls as it's like your own community there as well. I think the uni is really friendly - not too big to be daunting but on the other hand big enough to offer everything a student needs! The only problem is that the union is about 5-10 mins walk from the rest of uni so people don't go there much in the day. There are other places to meet friends on the campus though. They're going to relocate the union so its nearer the rest of the uni buildings but i don't know when this is going to happen. Hope you enjoy bristol at the weekend!

ReputationRep:

cheers!!!
    I think its very much possible to do. Every open day I have been on, the departments have said that you can chnage course within the first four weeks if there are spaces/ If you asked now you culd probably get a transfer - my friend changed from Law to mechanical engineering!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they still haven't replied. so i decided to bombard the department with my e-mail by sending it to loads of the teachers in the department. hopefully somebody will get back to me now. thanks for the help newayz.

Also how wud u guys rate the city socially against Bham?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.