Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you sue your mother if she steals £20,000 from you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...FB_mirror_main

I wont lol. she spent more than that to bring me up.

ReputationRep:
    I would. £20,000 is quite a big sum of money and I would be extremely ****** off if I had that amount stolen, especially if it was stolen by someone I trusted like a family member.

ReputationRep:
    yes she probably did spend more than that on me, but if she just stole it without asking... then yes I would for betraying my trust

ReputationRep:
    I'd be abit pissed off but wouldn't press charges even if it was more as shes spent soooo much on me in my life

ReputationRep:
    I used to take a tenner from my mum's purse when she was taking a shower.

So I guess I'd believe in karma if she were to steal £20,000 from me.

ReputationRep:
    I would give it to her if she asked. But as she stole it I would have to sue her or call the police.

ReputationRep:
    It just doesn't make sense because my mum would never do that.

If she did, she'd have some extremely good reason, so no I wouldn't.

Also she's my mum and spent like £200,000 bringing me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)

Completely agree. I'm lucky enough to not even be able to imagine my mum doing this. Plus if I had all that money and I thought she needed some, I would feel too awful to just let it sit there.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Uncouth body)
    I used to take a tenner from my mum's purse when she was taking a shower.

So I guess I'd believe in karma if she were to steal £20,000 from me.
    "another day in the ghetto" nah I'm joking...

How, in this day and age, can people do this and not be made to pay the money back, or be covered by some of fraud cover? :/
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Plus, why on Earth didn't she spend her own £30,000?! This has actually really annoyed me lol

ReputationRep:
    Probably yeah....unless massive extenuating circumstances

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would and doesn't help that mine is a bit of ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine my mum ever ever doing that. Even when struggling my mum would never expect anything from me. So if it ever were to happen then I probably would press charges, it would be like discovering that I never really knew my mum at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...FB_mirror_main

I wont lol. she spent more than that to bring me up.
    Yes.

Theft is theft no matter who it is doing it.

However if I had that kind of money and my mother asked for it, with a good reason for needing it, then I would of course lend it to her but only if it was genuinely needed and not just to be wasted on something unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm lucky enough that in a few decades I could earn enough, I'd be giving at least that much to both my parents just for having to put up with me growing up. I'm forever in their debt.

That being said, I'd never be able to forgive either parent if they stole £20,000 from me, knowing full well that I intended to settle down and get married with it. That being said, I can't really say that I'd sue them for it, but I'd definitely feel utterly betrayed by them and maybe even ignore them from then on. Regardless of how much they've spent on me over the years, it's still theft. If they needed the money for anything important, I'd happily have given them the money, but to steal that much for the sake of a few holidays, movies and haircuts? Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)

This.

If my mum could resort to stealing from me, it'd have to be a very good reason for which I cannot possibly sue her for.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some people would actually sue their mother for stealing their money. That woman probably went through hell and back to push you out of her vagina then spent tons of money to raise you and you can't forgive and forget?

Because of money??!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My mum would never do this.

But if she did - yes I would.

Wouldn't need to think twice and I'd wipe the floor with her as well. You lose the 'mother' title when you do things like that. Especially when the daughter was saving up for a house deposit and a wedding.

I don't care who you are and just having a title i/e brother, sister, mother. That means nothing to me if you do something like that to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    I can't believe some people would actually sue their mother for stealing their money. That woman probably went through hell and back to push you out of her vagina then spent tons of money to raise you and you can't forgive and forget?

Because of money??!! :confused:
    sounds like the sort of excuse mothers use for beating their children

ReputationRep:
    No i wouldn't, its doesnt matter why she did it but you never turn on or give up on family

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.