Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone starting Lampeter in September?
    Trying to make friends beforehand
    I will be studying classics

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm starting in September too, studying Anthropology and Chinese. Nice to hear from someone who will also be going

ReputationRep:
    Hello I've applied for Anthropology and Religious Studies. Still waiting to hear back at the moment. The suspense is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh good luck! I got a reply within a week so I hope its the same for you Is Lampeter your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I'm really not sure what decisions I'm going to make yet. I've applied for 3 Russell Group unis so one of those will be my firm and between Lampeter and Aberdeen for insurance. It all depends on the offers I get

What was your offer like?

ReputationRep:
    I applied back in September and got an unconditional! I was so surprised because I flunked my exams but I had a Skype interview with one of my lecturers which obviously went well. I think it was because I showed interest in the subjects and I've got experience

What Russell Group unis did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on the unconditional - I bet that felt amazing. Durham, Manchester and Exeter are the other three... doubt I'll get into Durham but it's number one in the UK for religious studies and seven for anthropology. But Manchester has great mature student facilities... not sure which one I want!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm starting in September and I'm going to be doing Ancient and Medieval history

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting in September too - doing History, probably with a focus on medieval history. Would love to get to know some people before we start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysRowenna)
    Hi, I'm starting in September too - doing History, probably with a focus on medieval history. Would love to get to know some people before we start.
    I'm probably going to focus on medieval history too

ReputationRep:
    That's great we'll probably have some of the same lectures/ classes Do you live far from Lampeter? I live about 20 minutes away, so i'm planning to commute in rather than live on campus. If anyone has any questions about the town itself, let me know.

ReputationRep:
    It takes about 3 hours on the train and then another hour on the bus for me to get to Lampeter from home, so I'll be staying on campus

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'll be a third year in September and will also be a fresh rep when you all arrive so if you have any questions and I can answer them more than happy to. You can add me on fb , there is also an entry fb page for new arrivals you should check out. 😀 my name is Charlotte.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyO)
    Anyone starting Lampeter in September?
    Trying to make friends beforehand
    I will be studying classics
    I'll be studying Ancient History and Ancient Egyptian Culture

ReputationRep:
    Hi will be starting in September, studying English with TEFL I'm actually from the Midlands so wondering if I could get to know a some people starting in September too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anybody studying Anthropology in September?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing English with TEFL! I don't know whether to be excited or nervous

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.