Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to firm Sussex, but I was wondering if any current/recent past students can give me any insider knowledge on the comodation at Sussex?

By the way I'm looking for ensuite (£ fortunately isn't an issue) but sociable.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curlycurly)
    I'm planning to firm Sussex, but I was wondering if any current/recent past students can give me any insider knowledge on the comodation at Sussex?

By the way I'm looking for ensuite (£ fortunately isn't an issue) but sociable.

Thanks!
    *accommodation

ReputationRep:
    The truth is that whichever accommodation you go for you could have sociable flatmates or anti-social flatmates. And that goes for every uni. It's just the luck of the draw.

There are four ensuite accommodations: Northfield (biggest and newest), Lewes Court Phase 2, Swanborough (nearest to Co-op and the lecture theatres) and Stanmer Court (across the road).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you swanborough is my favourite so far!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've received my unconditional from Sussex so now I need to sort accommodation...

Does anyone know anything about East Slope/Park Village? I've heard horror stories about East Slope but I know one person who stayed there and said it was the most fun and sociable out of all the accommodation options, so I'm wondering if it's actually that bad? Park Village also looks more fun and a little nicer- but is it worth spending more money on?

Any insider knowledge from people who've been to either would be great! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can tell you right now that all the cheaper accommodation is absolutely awful. I'm in Park Houses, Norwich House specifically, and the number of problems we have is an absolute joke.

Park Village is pretty cack, people pre-drink in the corridors, and they sometimes get these weird ladybug infestations that look pretty grim.

East Slope... Well it's horrendous really. I've never been inside an East Slope flat and not wanted to walk straight back out again, it's where most of the dealers hang about, and it can get pretty loud on any given day.

Just go for Lewes Court.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.