Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You don't exist and then suddenly you exist for a few years and then you suddenly> watch

ReputationRep:
    don't exist again. :confused:

WTF is all that about.

ReputationRep:
    weird right?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It means drink less vodka, smoke less weed and you will exist for quite a bit of period.

ReputationRep:
    So enjoy life while you are here.

ReputationRep:
    It is very weird indeed. Make the most of it while youre here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    It means drink less vodka, smoke less weed and you will exist for quite a bit of period.
    Or get hit by a bus and never have experienced much of anything?

Experiences are more important than longevity. Not that I'm saying drugs/alcohol are the way forward but putting emphasis on existing longer seems pointless - people should concentrate on existing fully before they try to exist longer. No one is guaranteed tomorrow, let em' have vodka if they want vodka.

Edit: Also, even if you lived in such a way that you extended your life to say 90-100, that is still relatively nothing in comparison to the age of the universe.

And yeah, OP - weird isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, stop blowing my mind.

ReputationRep:
    All the more reason to make the most of our existing years

ReputationRep:
    Well that's only if you believe that we evolved from monkeys and that we everything to a spontaneous explosion a very long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. LOL'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    So enjoy life while you are here.
    It's not as simple as that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Jack)
    Well that's only if you believe that we evolved from monkeys
    Is there anyone in this world that believes humans evolved from monkeys? Those that understand evolution certainly don't and I'm quite sure those who have superstitious beliefs on man's origins don't either.

ReputationRep:
    it's called being a disposable human being OP, get over yourself and deal with it like the rest of the maggots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtenshiai)
    It is very weird indeed. Make the most of it while youre here
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Or get hit by a bus and never have experienced much of anything?

Experiences are more important than longevity. Not that I'm saying drugs/alcohol are the way forward but putting emphasis on existing longer seems pointless - people should concentrate on existing fully before they try to exist longer. No one is guaranteed tomorrow, let em' have vodka if they want vodka.

Edit: Also, even if you lived in such a way that you extended your life to say 90-100, that is still relatively nothing in comparison to the age of the universe.

And yeah, OP - weird isn't it?
    The thing is,even if you live is **** or good, does it matter when you are dead?,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Is there anyone in this world that believes humans evolved from monkeys? Those that understand evolution certainly don't and I'm quite sure those who have superstitious beliefs on man's origins don't either.
    "sharing a common ancestor" is just as good as tbh. I mean according to evolution we had tails before and a third eyelid I just can't picture it now that's being ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    "sharing a common ancestor" is just as good as tbh. I mean according to evolution we had tails before and a third eyelid I just can't picture it now that's being ridiculous.
    That says more about your scientific ability, evolution knowledge and reasoning skills than it does about man's origins, now doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    That says more about your scientific ability, evolution knowledge and reasoning skills than it does about man's origins, now doesn't it?
    No. You can dress it up as much as you like but a rudimentary understanding of evolution is all that is needed to understand that it's pure lies and convenient propaganda. When you take away all the fancy words and the fancy diagrams you're left with a monkey >> Human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    it's called being a disposable human being OP, get over yourself and deal with it like the rest of the maggots
    What you talking about?

This thread isn't even about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lent6)
    What you talking about?

This thread isn't even about me.
    when one's pondering less one to facing the limits of human mortality, one must get over oneself'

ReputationRep:
    No. You can dress it up as much as you like but a rudimentary understanding of evolution is all that is needed to understand that it's pure lies and convenient propaganda. When you take away all the fancy words and the fancy diagrams you're left with a monkey >> Human.
    I refer you to my last post; what I said applies even more to this nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    when one's pondering less one to facing the limits of human mortality, one must get over oneself'
    Just a different way of looking at things, that's all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.