The Student Room Group

Would you date a Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Anonymous
Turning it into an immigration debate? There's a right to practise your own faith in the UK - Doesn't mean they're attempting to convert you or force you to do what they say, imbecile.

Dodging the question again... As always. What a waste of effort. And of course many muslims are trying to do just that. Oh well, people are getting sick of it all. Thank God! Done with you.
Original post by dead sheep eater
no hijab

That's it really. Do not even mind if they dislike homosexuals, abortion etc as long as they keep their views to themselves

would love to know why you don't want a girl with a hijab on but are okay with them disliking homosexuals? hmm
Original post by anvianzi
would love to know why you don't want a girl with a hijab on but are okay with them disliking homosexuals? hmm

hijab distorts face, i dont want to date clothing, its not intimate.
Personally, depends upon how much the guy tries to impose their rules and faith upon me. I'm a liberal person, and I like open-mindedness in a guy.

That being said, my family are very. traditional punjabi hindu. So in that regard...yh, me dating a Muslim guy would lead to so much **** hitting the fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. Unless excessively liberal, didn't have ****ty parents and didn't expect marriage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
States you believe in choice to wear what you like, yet wouldn't date someone who has chosen to dress like a dementor.

:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

not so much the dress, that's thier choice. However someone who wears the full burka is more than likely going to be everything else culturally Islamic which I'm opposed to. Secondly I dont like communicating with a pair of eyes, I like to be able to talk to people and read thier body language and facial features as we hold a conversation
As a Christian I'd say no because I'm not willing to convert and Christians are supposed to marry Christians. Don't see the point in dating and possibly falling in love with someone I'm not supposed to marry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Non-Muslim men don't seem to have much trouble dating me, but this is because of the differences between theoretical dating of a generic stereotype of a Muslim girl and the real thing. I have one basic belief, live and let live, If you are a mature and confident guy who is not insular and is open-minded, tolerant and respectful of other people's beliefs than why should there be an issue?

At the end of the day, there's one humanity and we must strive to be one human family. There's too many wars in the world today and all of it caused by imagined 'otherness', narcissism and artificial divisions between people.

No loving and merciful God, could allow his creation to divide like that. Unfortunately, too many Muslim men seem to think they have a 'divine' right to regulate female bodies and behaviors, they moralise their right to dominate women with selective reading of texts.
Eh, if I were single I'd consider it if I liked the guy enough. Religion doesn't really factor into it, unless they're super serious about it in which case we wouldn't be a good match.

I'm surprised so many people said no tbh.
Original post by Sheraz Imran
I'm a Muslim (arguably solely by name) and if I was to be absolutely honest I would probably prefer to date a Non-Muslim rather than a Muslim but then that's just me :biggrin:

Astagfirullah x 50 million 😂😂😂
Pork is haraam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
**** no, that would be asking for trouble :s-smilie:

Even supposing they were relatively moderate/from a moderate background I could not look past their belief system, nor ignore the threat posed to me by their family/community. How could you possibly date someone who thinks of you as a dreaded kafir? Indeed, how could they possibly date you!? :erm:

There are one or two Muslim girls on TSR I find rather charming :daydreaming: but I wouldn't even bother, not worth the agro.. :innocent:

P.S. You missed an option OP: "I am a Muslim"

All kafir means is non believer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Astagfirullah x 50 million ������������������
Pork is haraam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh? Where's pork coming from?
Huh? Where's pork coming from?

Where everything else comes from, of course. A Zionist-American conspiracy :colondollar:
Original post by PhilosopherQueen
Where everything else comes from, of course. A Zionist-American conspiracy :colondollar:

Loooool you could say that again :rolleyes:
Loooool you could say that again :rolleyes:

Quite often, I find its jealousy because it seems like a Muslim girl would rather date someone other than the Haraam squad guy. Even going outside the faith, can't think why?
Original post by PhilosopherQueen
Quite often, I find its jealousy because it seems like a Muslim girl would rather date someone other than the Haraam squad guy. Even going outside the faith, can't think why?

You're absolutely correct. It has to be a form of jealousy. There can't be any other reason. It could possibly make them feel better about themselves, though I wouldn't be so sure as to why. Although I doubt it would worry the Haraam Squad guy much. LOL the fact that they too would go outside the faith (by dating a Non-Muslim) makes them hypocritical in that sense, doesn't it? :colondollar:
Reply 216
This thread. :lol:

A Muslim doesn't date. Therefore, you cannot date a Muslim.

For those who call themselves a Muslim and date, they're going to put their partners through a lot of unnecessary religion-related complications. Don't bother dating them.
Absolutely not.

I love my bacon and ham and I make a killer pork biryani which she won't be able to share.
Original post by tammie123
Is it true muslim guys look down more on girls who have dated a non muslim guy in the past than a muslim? Please be honest by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm muslim (not that religious) but I wouldn't look down on you 👍.
I did once. He wasn't very religious though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending