The Student Room Group

Cost To Run A New-Build Flat

Hi :smile:
Looking to move to Sheffield in the summer! Ideally I'll stumble across an 'all-bills included' flat nearer the time but if not I am wondering what it costs to run a new build flat? I'm seeing lovely ones for around £450-£500 that are less than ten years old (assuming electric heating as a lot of them seem to be) which is higher rent than I'd like! But if it will be countered by lovely low bills I think I could commit!
I have a house at the moment that has had insulation of the loft and cavity wall insulation but it is still horrific on the energy bills (£110 gas £30 electric!) so am quite dubious to commit to a non-bills included again.

Input would be immensely appreciated!
Emily.
Are yu a full time student? If so, you'd be exempt from council tax.
in a flat you may find that you are paying a service charge and these can be substantial. Heating bills are often lower in flats, even old ones, because of the shared walls and the heat fro other properties. You might check the depth of the insulation in your house, look at draft excluders and fit energy saving lights.
I'm currently living in a new build flat (less than one year old) - on my own.

Service Charge - £315/6 months
Ground Rent - £200/year

Water - £7/month
Gas/Electricity - £70/month
Broadband & Telephone - £30/month
Council Tax - £90/month
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I've been living in a new build flat now for 2 years. It's a 2 bed flat with a spacious living room. Besides the rent, the bills are council tax, electric, water and internet.
As there is 2 of us living in the flat, we divide the bills equally so I pay the following a month : £29 - electric, £26 water and £10 broadband.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending