Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone

I am an international student with offers to study MSc in Finance from both QMUL and University of Exeter. Location, student life and everything aside, I would like to know which university would offer me a better edge career wise or in securing a training contract?

Exeter has a better ranking within UK (Nationally) while globally, QMUL ranks higher than Exeter. This is creating a lot of confusion. I have to take a decion in a week's time. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Neither of them are very good in Finance IMHO and I don't even think QM offers Msc.Finance? Ranking is just *******s dont even care about it, use it only as a relative reference.

Exeter seems to be slightly better in terms of business connection.

You should probably apply for more institutions, if they want you to pay deposit simply contact the admission and ask for postponement. If you can get offer from QM you can definitely try Glasgow and durham & possibly Cass, which are targeted by banks, have much better international recognition as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stan-W)
    Either of them are very good in Finance IMHO and I don't even think QM offers Msc.Finance? Ranking is just *******s dont even care about it, use it only as a relative reference.

Exeter seems to be slightly better in terms of business connection.

You should probably apply for more institutions, if they want you to pay deposit simply contact the admission and ask for postponement. If you can get offer from QM you can definitely try Glasgow and durham & possibly Cass, which are targeted by banks, have much better international recognition as well.
    Do you know how to ask for a postponement for paying the deposit? I am in this situation, with deadline of reading, offer holder of Exeter& QM, still waiting for UCL, Bath, Warwick, Lancaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeCui)
    Do you know how to ask for a postponement for paying the deposit? I am in this situation, with deadline of reading, offer holder of Exeter& QM, still waiting for UCL, Bath, Warwick, Lancaster.
    Were you not contacted by the admission office? Simply email them saying that you wanna delay payment

ReputationRep:
    Simply contact the admission office and ask them if you can delay payment. easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stan-W)
    Simply contact the admission office and ask them if you can delay payment. easy

They just told me I can have a elegant period before 14 Jan but that is exactly the date that I should pay for the deposit. What further argument should I use?

Thank you so much !

ReputationRep:
    They just told me I can have a elegant period before 14 Jan but that is exactly the date that I should pay for the deposit. What further argument should I use?

Thank you so much !
    Just honestly tell them that you are waiting for other institutions, it happens all the time I believe they would understand. Mean while contact warwick and others to track the application progress.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.