The Student Room Group

Scared to meet her in real life

Okay so I've been talking to a unrealistically hot Italian girl for about 70 hours now (very little i know) but she wants to meet me already (what can I say I have that charm about me) but I've never met someone I've spoken to online in real life and I have this fear that if she met me in real life she would be disappointed! I don't know what to do, i mean I'm not ugly or anything, trying not to sound arrogant or cocky but I'm good looking although she's too hot, she wants to come to London on her birthday 07/02/15 and meet me and wants me to be her "tour guide" and "show her around". I also have this fear that I might look different from my photos and what if she finds a photo of me more attractive than me!??? she's seen quite a few obviously and has a massive crush on me, but because I've never done this before, give me some advice please, what should I expect... Should I be nervous, should I meet her even? Or how can i test my picture theory? Anyone experienced this before or has met someone in real from online? Any advice will be appreciated thanks!
You seem to have skipped over the typical horror of "they're too attractive, do they actually look like their photos?" All of your concerns are about what she thinks of you, but how do you know she's as attractive as her photos suggest? Web cam before meeting if possible. If that's not, maybe just swap short videos of yourselves saying hello just to prove it's who you are and perhaps it'll be a more accurate capturing of your face, so if she isn't attracted to you she can back out before hand. But let's say she comes to London anyway, just meet up with her in a public place, if you're disappointed or you can tell she is, just shoot off with 'oh no, my mum is calling it's clearly urgent bye' (also known as sliceofcake providing awful excuse).
I'd definitely say Skype her before meeting. I've been in a LDR for a year and we see each other every month, the first time we met it wasn't awkward, but I think only because we skyped so much and knew each other quite well, we had been speaking for 9 months before meeting.

Don't have too many expectations and just don't worry about it too much! :smile:
Personally i would never meet up with strangers because they may not always be who they say they are and because strangers are strangers. Also one person on here requested to add me on facebook but i simply declined.
She sounds 100% real :yep:
Reply 5
thanks a lot for such great advice everyone, I think I will skype a lot before we meet to avoid awkwardness and yeah she is real, I doubted it too, but she has sent videos of her saying what i wanted on whatsapp, her english is just really weak and I've already sent loads of videos haha and i like the excuse idea haha, but she's coming all the way from Italy which is nerve wrecking for me, because I wouldn't wanna disappoint lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending