Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For some of us, rejection is inevitable. Our grades may be poor without ext circumstances, our interviews have gone terribly etc and this is hopefully a thread to talk about dealing with the rejection and moving on. If you're somebody with 10A*s 100UMS at as level and you post here - not cool bruh - this is for the 'no hopers' (I'm one)

ReputationRep:
    I'll get the ball rolling with an interview gaff. The interviewer asked something along the lines of 'What should a historian do in situation X?', to which - after having given a banal answer - I raised my hands in the air and joked 'But I'm no historian' (To clarify, I am applying for History). I don't know what possessed me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cappunno18)
    I'm sorry you feel that way ! It's to try and spread the pain out over the next few days so it doesn't hurt so much on Saturday <3
    lmao
    what did you apply for and where?

ReputationRep:
    I would bet money on someone from this thread getting offers :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yay verey happy to have found this thread! My DoS got so bored of me she kept checking the time on her phone at the end ..probably thinking when will I be rid of this peasant hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Yay verey happy to have found this thread! My DoS got so bored of me she kept checking the time on her phone at the end ..probably thinking when will I be rid of this peasant hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha maybe she was just making sure interviews don't overrun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HughBriss)
    I'll get the ball rolling with an interview gaff. The interviewer asked something along the lines of 'What should a historian do in situation X?', to which - after having given a banal answer - I raised my hands in the air and joked 'But I'm no historian' (To clarify, I am applying for History). I don't know what possessed me.
    Omg thats made my day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would add, interview gaffes happen to most people
    I remember *****ing about Keats in one of my interviews...and I think I referred to the word 'no' as 'the ultimate negation'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowVeins)
    Hahaha maybe she was just making sure interviews don't overrun
    Oh I do hope that was the reason...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify though, this isn't just for bad interview stories, it's more for urm, bad applicants who realistically, with their grades, had a very low shot of getting in. Combined with bad interviews, it is basically now inevitable.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just to clarify though, this isn't just for bad interview stories, it's more for urm, bad applicants who realistically, with their grades, had a very low shot of getting in. Combined with bad interviews, it is basically now inevitable.
    If they have invited you to interview then having a relatively low UMS (85+) with good interview will probably get you an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Your username is perfect for that story...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Your username is perfect for that story...

Posted from TSR Mobile

FINALLY SOMEONE APPRECIATES MY INTERNET PSEUDONYM!

Anyway, with a UMS average of 92.7% (I do Pre-U History, so my strongest subject isn't factored), average GCSE's - and an utterly abysmal set of interviews, I'm not expecting an offer.

Abandon hope all ye who enter this thread.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    FINALLY SOMEONE APPRECIATES MY INTERNET PSEUDONYM!

Anyway, with a UMS average of 92.7% (I do Pre-U History, so my strongest subject isn't factored), average GCSE's - and an utterly abysmal set of interviews, I'm not expecting an offer.

Abandon hope all ye who enter this thread.
    From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Appropriate, yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowVeins)
    I would bet money on someone from this thread getting offers :yep:
    I HAVE bet money on me NOT getting one. A whole £5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    With whom?

ReputationRep:
    Average GCSE's
    90% UMS average

At the interview, the guy practically helped me step to step solving the maths problems (applied for Engineering). One time he got me to say the answer to one of the questions out loud, I still stared blankly at the paper, I just froze.

Most annoying is the fact that only 2 applied from my school and people are expecting us to get in, so I have to face a week of pity and sympathy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHA THAT'S AWESOME

Well, I think I can trounce you

My interviewer FELL ASLEEP and he was the director of studies for my subject

I could see him nodding off and felt like saying 'do you want me to sing.. or dance... or tell jokes???'
    Guys, no, I was asked to quote a pun/wordplay from Hamlet and the first thing that popped into my head was one involving female genitalia...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradshawsl)
    Guys, no, I was asked to quote a pun/wordplay from Hamlet and the first thing that popped into my head was one involving female genitalia...
    You are a LEGEND.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    Lol, I too bet my friend £5 that I wouldn't get in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.