Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

stephen fry getting married Watch

ReputationRep:
    thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Good for him, hope they're happy together.

ReputationRep:
    weird

ReputationRep:
    I admire him for having the courage to put himself in that financial position, though I think it's a bit stupid.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    I admire him for having the courage to put himself in that financial position, though I think it's a bit stupid.
    How come?

And yeah I'm happy for him, don't really think much else of it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Getting married to who? tbh as long as he is happy and living the life he wants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    How come?

And yeah I'm happy for him, don't really think much else of it tbh.
    When he has so much more to lose financially, and it isn't really necessary it just seems a bit foolhardy. Marriage is usually partly for mutual financial benefit but here he stands to lose a vast amount of money if they divorce.

ReputationRep:
    He's a horrible fat pervert. He has serious mental health problems as discussed in a recent BBC documentary. He has bipolar disorder too.

Having found out that his husband to be is only 27, I've now lost all respect and empathy I had for Stephen.

ReputationRep:
    And what really is hyperbole is the fact that his partner has bloody acne and a teenage haircut! All of which make him appear much younger than 27...

ReputationRep:
    Breaks the rule of 7, so I don't think much of the pairing itself.. he's still a damn entertaining and clever bloke though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncouth body)
    He's a horrible fat pervert. He has serious mental health problems as discussed in a recent BBC documentary. He has bipolar disorder too.

Having found out that his husband to be is only 27, I've now lost all respect and empathy I had for Stephen.
    That paragraph sounds like it sums you up. Why are you stigmatising mental health? And they're both over 21 so it's none of our business what they like to do in their own time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    When he has so much more to lose financially, and it isn't really necessary it just seems a bit foolhardy. Marriage is usually partly for mutual financial benefit but here he stands to lose a vast amount of money if they divorce.

How do you know they're not doing a pre-nup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    That paragraph sounds like it sums you up. Why are you stigmatising mental health? And they're both over 21 so it's none of our business what they like to do in their own time.
    Don't come at me with your liberal dogma. You need to actually see Stephen for what he is: a pervert. I know his type. My father was just like him.

His partner looks like a bloody teenager. Acne, haircut and I bet you he's going to bleed Stephen dry, which will probably push Stephen to suicide. If you've watched his documentary about bi-polar, you'll know that he's tried to commit suicide many times.

This new toy boy of his will be the death of him. We'll probably read 'Stephen found dead in his apartment. Cause? Suicide' soon.

ReputationRep:
    He is someone who has struggled with loneliness, so I do hope he finds happiness. However I suspect that in a couple of years he will be talking about how he made a rash decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    He is someone who has struggled with loneliness, so I do hope he finds happiness. However I suspect that in a couple of years he will be talking about how he made a rash decision.
    If this marriage should fail, Stephen will most likely commit suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Don't come at me with your liberal dogma. You need to actually see Stephen for what he is: a pervert. I know his type. My father was just like him.

His partner looks like a bloody teenager. Acne, haircut and I bet you he's going to bleed Stephen dry, which will probably push Stephen to suicide. If you've watched his documentary about bi-polar, you'll know that he's tried to commit suicide many times.

This new toy boy of his will be the death of him. We'll probably read 'Stephen found dead in his apartment. Cause? Suicide' soon.
    Hardly liberal "Dogma," you're just guilty of extreme cynicism. I will wait in anticipation for this so-called future headline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Even if they were, pre-nups are not legally binding here.

Prenuptial agreements have not traditionally been enforced in divorce law in England.
    http://www.terry.co.uk/pre-nuptial.html

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy for him. I hope he is happy with his partner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Legally-speaking the court does not need to respect that.

ReputationRep:
    And what really is hyperbole is the fact that his partner has bloody acne and a teenage haircut! All of which make him appear much younger than 27...
    That's not hyperbole.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.