The Student Room Group

I have a question about Master's degree.

Hey, I'm not even out of A-levels yet but it's about as good of a time as any to make some basic plans. I'm a student in the UK but I want to do a bachelors in Economics and Business in the University of Maastricht, in the Netherlands. Now I'm wondering if I was to go further and do postgrad either somewhere in Europe or over in America, would I be able to do a Master's in a completely different field? I was thinking something along the lines of Computer Science or an engineering degree.

Thanks for your help!
Original post by Danz0r123
Hey, I'm not even out of A-levels yet but it's about as good of a time as any to make some basic plans. I'm a student in the UK but I want to do a bachelors in Economics and Business in the University of Maastricht, in the Netherlands. Now I'm wondering if I was to go further and do postgrad either somewhere in Europe or over in America, would I be able to do a Master's in a completely different field? I was thinking something along the lines of Computer Science or an engineering degree.

Thanks for your help!

Depends on the fields, but for some, you couldn't, and engineering (and probably computer science too) is one of those fields where you could't study at masters level without having studied something very similar, of which economics or businesses isn't, at bachelors level.
Original post by Danz0r123

Thanks for your help!

As previously mentioned you should study a bachelors degree that will support your application for your masters. If you want to study Computer Science or Engineering at a postgraduate level you'll need to have sufficient prior knowledge in that field to be successful of a place. Do you have an idea of your future career path?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending