The Student Room Group

Supplementary Application Questionnaire

Sorry- not sure if there is already a thread on this, but couldn't find one!

I've received a 'Supplementary Application Questionnaire' from Clare. Do all colleges have these or just Clare?
I was wondering how much the information you put on it counts towards you application? Also not sure, what exactly you are supposed to write in the "General" section, or whether it's best just to leave it blank.
Reply 1
there's lots of threads asking about various questions on the SAQ. i'm pretty sure that the vast majority, if not all, collleges use them. they're quite important but don't stress - they'll be used along PS, CAF, exam results, interview etc.

most people leave the general section blank unless there's a good reason not to - if there was anything that important it should probably have been mentioned in your PS or CAF.
Rather than open a new thread, I thought I'd ask a related question here: do I actually have to fill in the areas/topics covered for irrelevant subjects I have taken? Surely if I'm applying for maths they don't know what I've covered in music or english? Come to think of it, how do you say you have "covered topics" in english, when the Scottish higher course consists of reading books and writing essays?
Reply 3
I've heard about people receiving these, but I still haven't received one.. Is this bad? I'm applyin for med btw if that would make any difference. Just wondering if I was the only one.
K.A.06
I've heard about people receiving these, but I still haven't received one.. Is this bad? I'm applyin for med btw if that would make any difference. Just wondering if I was the only one.
I wouldn't worry too much, I only got mine this morning, so they're still sending them out. Maybe with medicine being a busy course they take a bit longer with medics' forms too.
Reply 5
The general consensus tends to be towards leaving the 'General Comments' section blank unless you've got anything specific you need to say. :smile:
Reply 6
At my school everyone was advised very strongly to NOT leave it blank, but then only one person got an offer!!

For the subjects, you could probably just put down the module titles. In all likelihood they'll grill you on your A levels in interview anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending