Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all! I am looking for someone who would maybe like to move into my flat at the old mill. For personal reasons I have had to move away and now I have to find someone who will take over for me. But yes, the flat is great! It comes with free utilities, a kitchen, bathroom and a very nice bedroom that includes a double bed! Its a five minute walk to Abertay, Dundee uni and the city center so its great! There is another 4 people staying there and they are nice people and good to get along with. So if you are interested or know someone who is looking for a flat please give me a shout! Thanks, Ryan.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, How much per week? How many rooms? Did you move in last sept 2014? Also could you do me a favor and find out how much per week a 4 bedroom is at the Old Mill 2014 prices. I currently stay at Keiller Court but it's been a nightmare so looking to move.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Its £79 a week and it has 5 rooms but the 4 room flats costs exactly the same, I moved in last september but I have to move away now.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, thanks for that. I thought the less rooms in a flat, the more expensive. What is your name and what flat are you in? I can tell Robyn tomorrow when she rings to speak to me about my flat options. Maybe I could take you out of your contract.

ReputationRep:
    I think if its 1 or 2 rooms then its more expensive! My name is Ryan Gray and I'm in A5D, that would be very great if you could do that, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ryan,
    I sent an email to them. Can I just ask how many weeks is yor contract? 43 or 50?
    Is it a double or single?

ReputationRep:
    It is a 43 week lease and it is a double, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, thanks for the speedy response. Is it in D block? Is that why its so cheap? Also is it a double room/bed or 3/4? Which is what Kirsty described to me as just slightly bigger than a single. X

ReputationRep:
    I have been quoted £90 a week for a single room, at 43 weeks in a 4 bed flat, I feel like I am being exploited here. I'm going to have a meeting with them on Monday to present my case. This is not supposed to be a new contract, rather a transfer from Keiller court to Old Mill. I am shocked as to why Robyn told me its £90, yet everyone I have spoken to says its £79

ReputationRep:
    Its no bother, Just kinda want to get rid of this room haha. It was in Block A and its a 3/4 sized bed.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    Thanks on my way back to Dundee today & popping in for a chat with the girls tomorrow morning. Can I just clarify, the £79 you pay for rent, is this taking into consideration the £300? Is this the price before the £300 or after the £300? if I was taking you out of your contract, would I have to pay £90 because you've already received the £300 cash back? (Which I'm guessing is the reason it worked out at £79). Also were you paying each semester or each month or you paid the bulk? Here is my number 07771776022 you can drop me a text incase this is getting too public. Lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes I forgot about the cashback, yes that's why I would have been paying 79 pounds instead of 90. I'm not sure if you will have to pay the full 90 once you get it, you'll have to ask the girls tomorrow about it. I was paying each semester so it worked out to 1290 each semester.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.