Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I'm trying to find a distance-learning course that unis will accept as evidence of recent study. I already have a degree but it is from 2008 so i'm required to take some further study. At a last resort I will do an AS level, but although that is online, I have to find somewhere that will allow me to take the exams, plus its more expensive.

    Some unis have suggested to me taking an OU 15 credit module but as far as I can see these don't seem to exist!

    Anyone any experience in this?

    Thanks, Amy

    Have the uni specified what qualification they want to see? It would be unusual for them to specify an AS Level - they usually want e.g. A Level or Access to HE. You can study A Levels independently, but you will need to find an exam centre which accepts independent students (which has already been a problem) and I don't believe that Access courses can be done as distance learning. I suspect that the OU is your only option - you could go back to your uni and ask their advice on how to approach that.
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.