Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am in my final year of secondary school & I have my final ISA in the near future.
    Now I was wondering how do you do well in an ISA?
    Previously, I have received a C in my Physics and Chemistry and a B in my Biology, but now I feel it's time to get serious and work hard for the grade.
    Whilst looking through a past paper, I noticed that it said "name the two most useful sources that you used for you research" now obviously you name them, but then it goes on to say "explain why these sources were the most useful" now how do you answer that seeing as it is a three mark question?
    In addition, how would you receive full marks on your experiment?
    Finally, in paper 2 it asks about anomalous results - "do you think that you got any anomalous results? Explain your answer by quoting some data from your investigation" how would you receive the full three marks if you were to say no? And what about yes?

Thank you

Talk about the reliability of the sources and also how closely their experiment is set up to yours. If they are doing a completely different experiment, the results aren't likely to be relevant.

For the experiment, just follow lab safety rules and you should be fine.

For anomalies, if you don't get any, talk about what an anomaly would look like in your data. How would you recognise it?
    If yes, state which points are anomalous and explain why you think they are.
    Points are anomalous if they don't fit the trend, so if there is a point way off, it is an anomaly.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.