Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have just finished the first semester of architecture and i am unsure of what to do. I don't like this course and I don't think I want to study it for the next five years. It was actually my uncle advised me to do this course (he is an architect too) but i don't particularly enjoy it and find the work a mixture of boring and difficult.

So i have come up with two solutions, either switch to a course to do with business (my original choice) or drop out of uni. I don't really know what i want to do career wise but i definitely want something to do with cars. So if i drop out of uni i could become a mechanic or something (i.e actively work and not just be at home all the time).

Sorry for the long post but what are your opinions on what i should do? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Advice??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxi365)
    Hi, i have just finished the first semester of architecture and i am unsure of what to do. I don't like this course and I don't think I want to study it for the next five years. It was actually my uncle advised me to do this course (he is an architect too) but i don't particularly enjoy it and find the work a mixture of boring and difficult.

So i have come up with two solutions, either switch to a course to do with business (my original choice) or drop out of uni. I don't really know what i want to do career wise but i definitely want something to do with cars. So if i drop out of uni i could become a mechanic or something (i.e actively work and not just be at home all the time).

Sorry for the long post but what are your opinions on what i should do? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was going to say go and do Bussiness as it sounds like what you want to do but the you said "I definitely want something to do with cars." have you considered a degree that involves cars I think Brighton does one and Loughborough does a lot of courses that sound like they could involve what you want there is also a degree in Race car design somewhere. so maybe look into them and see if that might be more your type of thing.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.