Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just searching for a violin and I just found myself freaky or what UKL gets everywhere

http://www.over-the-net.co.uk/search...cheap%20violin

Link no 10 at the bottom and no I still dont have a violin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I was just searching for a violin and I just found myself freaky or what UKL gets everywhere

UKL has been here for years which is what it takes to make it to the top on google. It also used to have adsense which put all of the pages into google's database. I don't think that more recent threads will show up as high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    UKL has been here for years which is what it takes to make it to the top on google. It also used to have adsense which put all of the pages into google's database. I don't think that more recent threads will show up as high.
    sites that pay make it high up on googles results aswell.

ReputationRep:

lol

i went to look at a new bow for myself on Saturday.... I've brought back 3 to try out, one for £375 (one of those carbon fibre ones), one for £450 and one for £550 (the best one imo). I'm finding it quite hard to choose between them!

what price range/type of violin are you looking for?

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont play so this is a teach myself jobby so I want something that is ok but cheap. I play flute but it was a compromise I always wanted to play the violin so I thought what the heck I'm going to get one. I really want a viola but you cant get them cheap in the way that you can get cheap violins. I've seen a few on ebay but anything cheap looks terrible quality. I am going to give myself six months and if i like it I will upgrade to something half decent.

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont play so this is a teach myself jobby so I want something that is ok but cheap. I play flute but it was a compromise I always wanted to play the violin so I thought what the heck I'm going to get one. I really want a viola but you cant get them cheap in the way that you can get cheap violins. I've seen a few on ebay but anything cheap looks terrible quality. I am going to give myself six months and if i like it I will upgrade to something half decent.
    what's cheap for you then? i think you can get a basic violin and bow for about £150 to £200 pounds. or if you're at uni/school, the music department will have some violins that they lend out to students.

have you tried looking in the local music shops where you live? if you live anywhere in the south west, bristol has a lot of good violin shops all v close together.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, theres plenty of times I've searched for something totally irrelevant to this, and there it is, UK-learning pops up again!!

Adam :cool:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.