Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive finished my a level last year and achieved A*A*A*A in the order of maths, f.maths, econ and phyiscs, getting an A2 ums average of 94.(I got A*ab in my as level with an ums average of 87)

but the problem is my gcses are awful. I got 2A*s, 2As, 3Bs and a C which are no way near other lse econ candidates. Also i've retaken one of my as physics module.

The uni i want is LSE, not UCL or Warwick. Realistically do you guys think i stand a chance?

Plz help me

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you have a good chance if you apply early, they dont really look at GCSE's, mine were even worse than yours, you just need an amazing personal statement and good A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceIsTheKing)
    Yeah you have a good chance if you apply early, they dont really look at GCSE's, mine were even worse than yours, you just need an amazing personal statement and good A-levels.
    Really?! Did you apply for LSE straight Econ course???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJBurrows)
    Hi, ive finished my a level last year and achieved A*A*A*A in the order of maths, f.maths, econ and phyiscs, getting an A2 ums average of 94.(I got A*ab in my as level with an ums average of 87)

but the problem is my gcses are awful. I got 2A*s, 2As, 3Bs and a C which are no way near other lse econ candidates. Also i've retaken one of my as physics module.

The uni i want is LSE, not UCL or Warwick. Realistically do you guys think i stand a chance?

Plz help me
    The only reason they look at GCSEs is because they are a good indicator of success, and whether a candidate can achieve an A* in the A Levels, as they require, since you can of course only achieve an A in AS. You already have your A-Levels, however, you have exceeding grades and honestly you have very very VERY good chances!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJBurrows)
    Really?! Did you apply for LSE straight Econ course???
    i applied for maths with econ, which apparently is even harder to get into, but i applied in october and heard back in february i think. You really need an amazing personal statement though, but i think you'll be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.