Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to apply to a university course that would lead me into illustrating children's books/develop my digital painting skills but there's so many different graphic courses with different titles it's confusing. What's the one that would lead me into what I would want to do??

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend looking at illustration courses. I know that some universities I've spoken to about illustration said that for the first year illustration and graphic design are grouped together and you have the option to change course if you want (illustration to graphic design or vise versa) - i think the universities that said this were Hertfordshire, Bournemouth and a few others (I can't quite remember so you might have to ask). If you look at the course structure for different illustration courses a lot of them do digital work as part of the course. I hoped this helped!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RosyTheTurtle)
    I'm looking to apply to a university course that would lead me into illustrating children's books/develop my digital painting skills but there's so many different graphic courses with different titles it's confusing. What's the one that would lead me into what I would want to do??
    Hi RosyTheTurtle,

At the University of Hertfordshire, we offer a BA (Hons) in Illustration: http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/illustration3, which offers a work experience placement or study abroad year too.
    Cathie Felstead is one of the senior lecturers on this course and is a Children's book illustrator herself, which sounds perfect for you. (You can google her!).

Let me know if you have any questions,

Rosanna
    University of Hertfordshire

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.