The Student Room Group

WJEC PH5 Case Study 2015

hey guys just wanted to know what you were thinking about the case study, we just got them today :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by TPanda
hey guys just wanted to know what you were thinking about the case study, we just got them today :smile:

Hiya!

I've moved this to the physics forum for you :smile:
And I've moved it to the Physics Exams subforum.
presumably we'll be asked to calculate the atmospheric pressure. We've been given W, V, P but not Patm.
V is is litres so we have to convert that into m^3 (1l=0.001m^3) and then just rearrange to find Patm
Reply 5
Original post by zenith123
presumably we'll be asked to calculate the atmospheric pressure. We've been given W, V, P but not Patm.
V is is litres so we have to convert that into m^3 (1l=0.001m^3) and then just rearrange to find Patm

Patm is given in paragraph 5 as 1.0x10^5 Pa.
bump
and they'll probably ask us to show that the height is 150m and energy is 650J
Reply 7
hi guys how's everyone finding the case study? It's a lot more maths orientated this year than previous years I find
Reply 8
I can only find two past papers on thier site, does anyone have links to the rest of them? :l
In class to rep for the case study we've just tried work out various stuff using equations (making it more comfortable in rearranging and stuff really), looking at which physics rules can be applied (Air resistance and newton laws) and looking at energy conversions (KE and PE).
Can anyone give me any help, any notes, any idea what might come up, literally anything on this case study at all? My teacher has absolutely no idea what he's doing and I've basically lost all hope, I don't have a clue how I'm going to cope in the exam...
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone actually understand electromagnetic induction and b-fields or do you just learn the facts and take it as it is?
Original post by Zahid~
I can only find two past papers on thier site, does anyone have links to the rest of them? :l.

Got the 2010 one...
How did everyone find it? I did't even have a chance to look at the case study, but manged to answer it all anyways.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Richey Edwards
Can anyone give me any help, any notes, any idea what might come up, literally anything on this case study at all? My teacher has absolutely no idea what he's doing and I've basically lost all hope, I don't have a clue how I'm going to cope in the exam...

How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending