Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just wanted to know what you were thinking about the case study, we just got them today
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by TPanda)
    hey guys just wanted to know what you were thinking about the case study, we just got them today
    Hiya!

I've moved this to the physics forum for you

And I've moved it to the Physics Exams subforum.

ReputationRep:
    presumably we'll be asked to calculate the atmospheric pressure. We've been given W, V, P but not Patm.
    V is is litres so we have to convert that into m^3 (1l=0.001m^3) and then just rearrange to find Patm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenith123)
    presumably we'll be asked to calculate the atmospheric pressure. We've been given W, V, P but not Patm.
    V is is litres so we have to convert that into m^3 (1l=0.001m^3) and then just rearrange to find Patm
    Patm is given in paragraph 5 as 1.0x10^5 Pa.

ReputationRep:
    bump
    and they'll probably ask us to show that the height is 150m and energy is 650J

ReputationRep:
    hi guys how's everyone finding the case study? It's a lot more maths orientated this year than previous years I find

ReputationRep:
    I can only find two past papers on thier site, does anyone have links to the rest of them? :l
    In class to rep for the case study we've just tried work out various stuff using equations (making it more comfortable in rearranging and stuff really), looking at which physics rules can be applied (Air resistance and newton laws) and looking at energy conversions (KE and PE).

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me any help, any notes, any idea what might come up, literally anything on this case study at all? My teacher has absolutely no idea what he's doing and I've basically lost all hope, I don't have a clue how I'm going to cope in the exam...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually understand electromagnetic induction and b-fields or do you just learn the facts and take it as it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahid~)
    I can only find two past papers on thier site, does anyone have links to the rest of them? :l.
    Got the 2010 one...
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf ph5 june 2010.pdf (174.6 KB, 177 views)

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it? I did't even have a chance to look at the case study, but manged to answer it all anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richey Edwards)
    Can anyone give me any help, any notes, any idea what might come up, literally anything on this case study at all? My teacher has absolutely no idea what he's doing and I've basically lost all hope, I don't have a clue how I'm going to cope in the exam...

How did you find it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.