Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heard today that on the One Show has had 400 complaints about Rita Ora's outfit showing too much cleavage on show.

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossi...113748573.html

I don't see what all the complaints are about. From what I can gather all of the complaints have been made by women who are prudes and by people who have nothing better to do with their time than to complain about nothing. They say it offensive but I don't see how anyone can be offended.

What are your opinions?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have to say I found it pretty amusing that hundreds complained about an outfit.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why they would complain. It is just not cricket.

Just to add I don't have a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    She dresses like a complete **** and has absolutely no class whatsoever... so

ReputationRep:
    It's pathetic really.

ReputationRep:
    I was furious at it. I was shaking my hand in anger.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why people are making such a fuss about it, breasts aren't actually a sexual body part anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's probably always the same hundreds of people who complain. Sad people who get their kicks from being outraged at the slightest thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Username unknown)
    I don't know why people are making such a fuss about it, breasts aren't actually a sexual body part anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are sexualised though, no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    They're just jealous that they've lost their assets due to child-bearing. Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of fuss over nothing tbh. For 400 complaints I was expecting areola.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    breasts aren't actually a sexual body part anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are we really getting to this level of being like tumblr? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously? Breasts are not sexual?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)

**** you man I just sprayed tea over my screen...damn lol.

Breasts aren't sexualised.....

....beeewbs.

Anyway I sort of get why some folks would be a bit taken aback, but you have to be kind of sad to complain to the BBC about it.

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoyed it.

This is bloody ridiculous. Some people need to chill the **** out, and embrace sexual permissiveness. It makes for a much more jovial, and frankly healthier, society.

I mean, how the hell do we multiply in the first place, I wonder?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Why the hell do they care? It isn't as though breasts are sexual organs?! Like seriously, I get that some people are ignorant about that, but it's not like she was showing any nipple. If they are legit upset about some side boob then they need to reevaluate their life choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)

No, they aren't. Breasts have been sexualized (which is sort of creepy if you think about why they exist) but they aren't sex organs.

(Original post by laura555)
    No, they aren't. Breasts have been sexualized (which is sort of creepy if you think about why they exist) but they aren't sex organs.
    I think you've contradicted yourself with this comment. If they've been sexualised, surely that would mean they're sexual now - regardless of whether they weren't originally intended to be used during sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura555)
    Sexual - relating to instincts, physiological processes, and activities connected with physical attraction or intimate physical contact between individuals.

Do breasts fit the definition? Yes. Therefore breasts are sexual.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.