Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to Deal with Obnoxious Poeple in College?!! watch

Announcements

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I hope it's okay to post this here.

I've just started a course this September.

So there is this one girl in my class who totally gets on my nerves... she is so unbelievably fake. Like, I've never met anyone so false. She is only nice to people to get what she wants, after that, you're a waste of space to her.It's kinda hard to describe but she is condensending in that underhand way, a real 'Mean Girl'.

Unfortunately, I have a rather large group project to do this year and this chick is in the group. After manipulating and scheming to ensure we did the project that she wanted, she is now pulling crap like not showing up to meetings and ignoring our messages to her, and then pulling out some bullsh1t excuses as to why she didnt show up. I literally would not have the ball to act the way she does. It baffles me.

In a more worrying sense, she doesn't seem to like me very much. On a class night out, I tried to get into a taxi with a big group of people, including her. She made it clear that I wasn't welcome and physically tried to push me out. Granted, she was quite drunk at the time but I still didnt appreciate it.

So how do I deal with her? Friends, etc have said to not stoop to her level and all that crap but she just gets away with being a **** and it really annoys me.

any tips, especially considering I have to do a project with her?

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem during my project. You need to clearly explain to her that she is expected to do the work and she won't be getting the marks for free. Quite a lot of people who come to university are their to get their degree and not to make friends. You need to tell her straight. Sometimes you need to deal with people the way they treat you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I hope it's okay to post this here.

I've just started a course this September.

So there is this one girl in my class who totally gets on my nerves... she is so unbelievably fake. Like, I've never met anyone so false. She is only nice to people to get what she wants, after that, you're a waste of space to her.It's kinda hard to describe but she is condensending in that underhand way, a real 'Mean Girl'.

Unfortunately, I have a rather large group project to do this year and this chick is in the group. After manipulating and scheming to ensure we did the project that she wanted, she is now pulling crap like not showing up to meetings and ignoring our messages to her, and then pulling out some bullsh1t excuses as to why she didnt show up. I literally would not have the ball to act the way she does. It baffles me.

In a more worrying sense, she doesn't seem to like me very much. On a class night out, I tried to get into a taxi with a big group of people, including her. She made it clear that I wasn't welcome and physically tried to push me out. Granted, she was quite drunk at the time but I still didnt appreciate it.

So how do I deal with her? Friends, etc have said to not stoop to her level and all that crap but she just gets away with being a **** and it really annoys me.

any tips, especially considering I have to do a project with her?
    Accept her for who she is and move on.

If she does something similar that taxi thing again, just tell her straight

ReputationRep:
    Two options. Out scheme this ***** (but you seem like a nice guy), or tell her straight. People like this need to be taught a lesson.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.