Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking about applying for a veterinary nursing course when I graduate, but I need two weeks worth of experience before I start. I'm thinking about volunteering one day a week but I'm also worried about whether this will affect my uni work. Any advice on volunteering in final year at university?

ReputationRep:
    It won`t as long as you agree with your employer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTaylor33)
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking about applying for a veterinary nursing course when I graduate, but I need two weeks worth of experience before I start. I'm thinking about volunteering one day a week but I'm also worried about whether this will affect my uni work. Any advice on volunteering in final year at university?
    I volunteer atm, I think as long as you find a good balance you'll manage. you just have to be organised and stay on top of things. it depends on your course as well i suppose, im not in uni that many hours a week so I do have a lot of free time, but I have a lot of work to do as well, and I work a part time job. last semester I managed fine but I think this semester will be more demanding so ill see how I get on. just dont overload yourself and remember what your priorities are.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I emailed my tutor and he recommended no...he was a bit rude to be honest. I really don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I emailed my tutor and he recommended no...he was a bit rude to be honest. I really don't know what to do
    do you not get any holidays off uni you could volunteer during?

ReputationRep:
    Just do it. I volunteer at Brownies and several of the other helpers are 3rd years.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.