Chemistry Investigation- Electrode Potentials

Watch
EllieLC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Plleeeease can some help me, I'm doing salters b chemistry and we have to learn all about Gibbs free energy and the Nernst equation for our investigation. Linking the two to an electrochemical cell but I'm finding it really hard to explain how they are so significant she finding the Ecell value, I'm not even that sure how to use them!
Any Links or comments would really help a lot!
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by EllieLC)
Plleeeease can some help me, I'm doing salters b chemistry and we have to learn all about Gibbs free energy and the Nernst equation for our investigation. Linking the two to an electrochemical cell but I'm finding it really hard to explain how they are so significant she finding the Ecell value, I'm not even that sure how to use them!
Moving to chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
zi_zi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by EllieLC)
I am also planning to do this experiment for the coursework and am trying to figure out how to go about planning the investigation. I looked into the Nersnt equation etc but still need more background information on it. The starter packs from OCR don't seem to help when it comes to figuring out how to use the brass sample. Need to discuss it with my teacher since I might not be allowed to do this investigation if it is too much to set up. I am looking into it so if it works out, I'll be happy to discuss the investigation with you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.46%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.21%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.8%
I think it's an unfair expectation (55)
26.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.45%

Watched Threads