The Student Room Group

Email from university with offer but no update from UCAS?

Hi, yesterday I received an email from Cardiff university saying that I had been offered a place to study in September this year, yet there is no update from UCAS with their offer?
The email didn't specify the terms of the offer but it did say UCAS would update 'shortly' and told me I'd be invited to an open day soon so I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen (with any uni) and how soon I would receive the actual terms of the offer through UCAS :smile:

Thanks in advance!
Original post by sa96
Hi, yesterday I received an email from Cardiff university saying that I had been offered a place to study in September this year, yet there is no update from UCAS with their offer?
The email didn't specify the terms of the offer but it did say UCAS would update 'shortly' and told me I'd be invited to an open day soon so I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen (with any uni) and how soon I would receive the actual terms of the offer through UCAS :smile:

Thanks in advance!

The two things virtually never coincide. Universities send information to Ucas to be uploaded in batches. It can take days, weeks or hours depending on the workload and priorities of the staff. Don't worry. You have the offer.
I'm a 2017 entry (so things might have changed) but I just got both an email from UCAS to say my track has changed and then an email from a university, both emails are separate. I'm extremely nervous to open it so I just closed the email and haven't looked, but could two emails be a good thing?
Original post by damifawehinmi98
I'm a 2017 entry (so things might have changed) but I just got both an email from UCAS to say my track has changed and then an email from a university, both emails are separate. I'm extremely nervous to open it so I just closed the email and haven't looked, but could two emails be a good thing?

They likely both indicate a change on Track. But that could be a rejection or an offer.
Damif, it's likely that the email from the university mentions your offer, then the UCAS email says somethings changed on track,ie they've rejected or given you an offer. It could be either bad or good tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest