Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My bf called another girl cute and... Watch

Basically my bf showed me a picture of one of his old friends and asked me what I thought of her. Then said she was cute and I don't mean to be but it just made me feel jealous because I don't want to hear things like that!

Should I tell him that it made me feel uncomfortable? I don't want to come across as clingy or anything but I really don't like it when he talks about other girls as being pretty, cute, hot etc. It's happened before and I might sound like I'm being way too sensitive but I just can't help myself reacting negatively

ReputationRep:
    Most girls would probably be jealous but men don't think like that. Although it is strange to say that infront of you after asking what you thought of her.

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    men don't think like that.
    What do you mean by that?

Btw thanks for replying, In the end I told him and we're okay now
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Why did he ask what you thought of her? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's wanting a three way?

ReputationRep:
    He wants her D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you mean by that?

Btw thanks for replying, In the end I told him and we're okay now
    Most men are subconsciously insensitive and wouldn't think that you would be jealous of that.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't mean to offend you, my ex called another girl pretty and I didn't freak out. It's natural that you're going to be attracted to other people as well as who you're dating, plus he only said she was cute. But if you have a serious problem with it you might as well tell him now, before it causes anymore trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Cute? Please don't be ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    He wants her D
    I hope you wrote this on purpose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I hope you wrote this on purpose
    Did I detect iambic pentameter in your prose?

ReputationRep:
    That is just not banter, I would make a :unimpressed: face

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it if it's something that is bothering you. He might realise his mistake, you might come to better understanding of each other or you might even resolve that insecurity by just talking to him and listening to his reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    you girls are so weird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Most girls would probably be jealous but men don't think like that.
    Speak for yourself, buddy. I don't know he could possibly think that would end well.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon there must be more to it, you should of asked him why he wanted to know what you thought of her.

Sounds kind of strange hehe

Maybe he does want a threesome?

ReputationRep:
    I would feel the same way. It's only natural. I think it's a harmless comment though. How seriously you take it boils down to how much trust you have in him and how secure you feel in the relationship. Feeling a bit jealous on the other hand cannot be helped. It's good you talked to him. Best of luck to you both

ReputationRep:
    I find it strange for him to ask you what you thought of her then go on to say she's cute....wtf

We may not be sensitive at times but that's stupid of him.

ReputationRep:
    men - and boys - do not all think the same way. He could be totally insensitive or he could be insecure and want you to show some jealousy. Reply with something bland.

(Original post by Tillybop)
    Why did he ask what you thought of her? :confused:
    No idea, he randomly messaged me asking what I'd rate her and stuff :/ I'm worried to post too much info just in case he sees this post as he knows I'm on TSR

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.