Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,

    My girlfriend is from Canada and we're currently in the process of applying through UCAS for her to move the UK and complete a full-time degree here.

    We've completed the whole application and left this until last: student support.

    Being a Canadian, born and raised in Canada, what I've understood is that she won't be getting any financial help towards the actual tuition fees from any organisations in the UK or so I've read. She could apply for grants and bursaries depending on the University she gets into, but tuition fees are upto her to pay off.

    So my main question is, for the student support section, what should we choose? Her father will be paying majority of the tuition fees at the start and we'll be handling the rest once she gets here and starts working part-time. Seeing as whatever is selected is intended for the tuition fees would it be counted as "private finance" or would it come under "other"?

    It's just a slight bit of confusion with this one section, could someone possibly shed some light on this?
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.